Author Topic: hideabed springs  (Read 6546 times)

Keith Cooper

hideabed springs
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
When we opened the leather hideabed couch in our 2000 Patriot Thunder. I realized that several of the springs which attach between  the fabric which holds the matress in place and the frame are missing. I have not found any labels which might help identify the manufacturer. Any thoughts as to where we might purchase replacement springs for the couch?
Strange request, i know , but we will have Grandchildren staying with us for a few days in Pigeon Forge and it would be nice to be able to use the hideabed
Thanks

Edward Buker

Re: hideabed springs
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »
You should check Home Depot or Lowes, they have an assortment of springs in hardware. May want to take one from the matress with you. Your best bet may be an older hardware store if you have one near by. They sometimes have a spring assortment on a board with numbers on it for selection. I have also had some luck at NAPA.

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »
Keith,
Your sofa is either made by Villa or Flexsteel. The furniture in my 2000 Marquis is made by Villa, but I think that Beaver used Flexsteel in the Patriot coaches.

Like Ed stated earlier though, if you can duplicate the spring locally, you will be better off than trying to order it from the manufacturer.

Gerald

Keith Cooper

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
Thanks guys, you are spot on I found springs which will do the job at Home Depot