Author Topic: Bathroom sink fixtures  (Read 1814 times)

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
Bathroom sink fixtures
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:24:06 AM »
02 Marquis
The cold water handle popped off the plastic part the handle fits on. The plastic part opens the water valve and does not stick up to allow the handle to fit on and work. So I guess I must replace the hole faucet. Does anyone know what brand name on my coach? I also want to change the shower fixtures to brush nickles as well.
As always your help is appreciated.
George
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Bathroom sink fixtures
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 03:52:14 AM »
Any residential faucet with the right back connections (1/2" npt on our coach) and centers (4"; cold- hot handle center to center) should do. RV faucets will work also.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 04:12:32 AM »
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: George Frudakis

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
George,
Unless you just want to replace the faucet for appearance reasons, you can replace the stem. I believe that your coach used Moen faucets, and parts should be available at a plumbing supply store or home improvement store (Lowes or Home Depot).

As for your shower fixtures, that is a bigger job on most floorplans because you have to remove interior wall panels to access the back side of the shower to replace the fixtures. However, it is doable if you want to.

Gerald   

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 03:48:04 PM »
I just want to replace the cover plate. Also, the shower bar where the shower head attached to, just for appearance. I will check on the replacement part.
George
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:53:10 PM »
George, If your faucet has a plastic stem I don't think it is the original one installed in your coach, is there a name on it? Go and  get a quality new faucet set to replace the one you have. As Gerald stated the shower is a different animal, depending on what is on the other side of the wall of the shower, my Patriot Thunder has a huge mirror. That is how you get to the shower plumbing and valve.