Author Topic: Patriot Thunder Electrical  (Read 2305 times)

Richard Brewer

Patriot Thunder Electrical
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
Morning All,
Having an electrical issue!! 2007 Patriot Thunder. My batteries are up, I am plugged in to shore power, I have AC power, fridge and Microwave work (even when I unplug from shore) but nothing else is working, no lights, no slides, no heat, nothing. The salesman switch is not tripped. Any Ideas!!!

Mike Shumack

Re: Patriot Thunder Electrical
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:04:26 PM »
I would check that power is available at the Rear Run box for the Multiplex boards. I seems like the systems that are not working are all "controlled" via the multiplex system.

Of course you still can't rule out the "Salesman's Relay" (Coach 12V power) as the switch can be On but the relay itself can be bad. Easy enough to test with a voltmeter or 12V test light. Although I have not studied the wiring diagram enough to know if all your problems are 12VDC related or not.

The wiring diagrams for your Coach are available in Coach Assist.

Or perhaps you can make a list of everything not working, and then we can see what circuit(s) they are sharing (or what multiplex modules are used to control those items).

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:35:12 AM »
Richard, try eliminating the salesman switch solenoid by testing as Mike has suggested and if bad combine both hot leads on one terminal which takes it out of your 12 volt circuitry . We did this 12 years ago when our solenoid went out. See attached picture in our rear run bay.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
Are there any house 12-volt items that work? Not all house 12-volt is multiplexed in your coach, the map lights (both overhead and the flexible ones), step well lights, porch light, sconce lights, toilet are all non-multiplex.

Your coach being a 2007 Patriot ‘should’ have the newer rear run box (I’ve included an image). The house disconnect (salesman switch) circuitry is much different and more robust than the prior design.

The house disconnect uses two 100-amp latching relays, one relay disconnects the domestic 12-volt power to the front run box and the other relay disconnects the power to the 12-volt domestic fuse block located in the bedroom closet.

The circuit board (R6) right of the disconnect relays control the house disconnect and the Big Boy Relay. There are two (amber) test buttons on this circuit board, pressing the button labeled ‘Bat Disconnect’ will cycle the disconnect relays.
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock