Author Topic: Radiator hoses for a 2006 Monterey  (Read 3843 times)

Robert Gutierrez

Radiator hoses for a 2006 Monterey
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »
Hello, does anyone know parts numbers for radiator hoses for a C9 on a 2006 Beaver Monterey? Thanks

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Re: Radiator hoses for a 2006 Monterey
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »
We replaced our rad hose which I believe was an inch and 1/4 and l purchase 7 feet which was a little long. We also purchased a new aluminum recovery tank from Source Engineering in the Eugene Oregon area. If you still have the plastic tank it is recommended to change it as they will eventually will leak. Double check the rad hose circumference for your rig. Beaver Coach also sells the metal recovery tanks
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Robert Gutierrez

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 01:52:06 AM »
Oh great, I hadn’t looked yet. I thought they might be a formed specific hose

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:40:07 PM »
When our coach was only a few months old in 2007 the main surge tank hose blew through a crack just below the tank.  The hose looked old, and Monaco in Coburg surmised it was a used one from an older coach.  Many guesses as to why either the dealer or factory replaced the original with that.  Monaco ordered up another one, I believe from an outside vendor in the area that made it up.  Some hose mounting was questionable and the techs routed it differently so the hose wouldn’t rub anywhere;  rubbing was not the blowout cause though.  It was just an old and poor quality hose from another rig.

As I look at the service receipt for that event I probably can’t help you much, and it’s only one hose, albeit one of the longest.  I can only say it was Monaco part #33109 and 1.25 inch EPDM.  The tech also asked for better quality material than what was removed.  The “quantity “ listed is 7, which I assume is the footage.  I’d guess little of that is useful since the part number is from defunct Monaco and was custom made anyway.  But it backs up what Bryan said. 

It’s possible that the Parts dept. of Beaver Coach Service/Sales in Bend could provide info, Robert, or try the Monaco division of REV Group, 1-800-509-3417;  though not the original Monaco company, REV has been helpful to some regarding models built before their era.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat