Author Topic: Use of Bi8 Kleen  (Read 3022 times)

Jason Worman

Use of Bi8 Kleen
« on: December 12, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Hi All
So we are preparing to head out and I was wondering if anyone has ever used Bio Kleen or something similar to their fuel to kill off microbe growth. We have been parked about 6 months. It would be the first time I have used such a product. Have not ever experienced engine issues and certainly don't want to invite problems. All filters changed about 2000 miles ago.

Jason Worman

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Use of Bi8 Kleen
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 06:19:06 PM »
The time to use the biocide is when your coach will be sitting for extended periods of time... as in a month/s.  If you're traveling, then your use of fuel, by filling up every few days, will keep fresh fuel in the tank.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »
I’ve used it, but as David states, only for storage.  Since on the way home I try to top off the tank at the nearest Pacific Pride to our house, I add it while at the pump.  The last 3 miles mixes it well.  The guys at Power Service are very helpful if you have questions.  I also use their other cleaning products occasionally, but today’s fuels have winter anti-gel and other components in them already, so it’s only when I have had to fuel at an old and questionable site that I might add that.  So it is onboard.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product/bio-kleen-diesel-fuel-biocide/

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 02:25:51 PM »
I routinely used BioBor for a few years.  I bought from a marine supply because I couldn't find it at truck stops.   I think it worked but have no way of really knowing.   

About the same time I clogged a fresh fuel filter.  I could never figure out the source of what clogged it.  It may have been that whatever the BioBor killed was floating in the fuel and had to be filtered out.  It may also have been a bad load of fuel. 

If you keep your fuel tank full during storage periods there is no room for air so condensation, the source of water in the fuel is not there.  Without the water, there is nowhere for the biocrap to grow.