Author Topic: Having an issue with my Alladin tank monitoring system.  (Read 3917 times)

Don Colapietro

Having an issue with my Alladin tank monitoring system.
« on: December 13, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »
Both the grey and black tank sensors went bad, corrosion in the phone connector sockets, and the open end was full of gooey junk. Looked like rubber cement inside. Looking at the new sensors [pricey little boogers] it was probably the clear diaphragm that disintigrated. Anyway, when I followed the calibration procedure in the manual for an empty tank and then poured  15 gallons into the grey tank,it reads 1 gal and 2%??? Any suggestions? I was thinking about sending the tank module to Visone RV to see if they would test it on their system. Thanks, Don Colapietro '06 Monterey LagunaIII    donjanec@comcast.net

Mike Shumack

Re: Having an issue with my Alladin tank monitoring system.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »
Are you sure you did the calibration correctly? Here's a video on that -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToJz9LifIuI
I found the video explained the process more clearly than reading it in the manual.

I believe you said you replaced the tank sensor. Do the other tank(s) read correctly? If so (and your Grey and Black tanks are the same size) try switching the plugs at the Aladdin module end (just plug the Blank tank into the Grey tank port and vise versa) then if the incorrect Tank reads properly now, you will know that the problem is in the cable or sensor, and if it still reads wrong then the problem is in the module.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:41:05 PM »
So... the secret calibration code is 1218 for all Aladdins?
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 12:29:17 AM »
Added video to Video file in BAC Members Only board.  Thx Mike!
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Don Colapietro

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 01:51:56 PM »
Thanks for the video reply. the manual does NOT mention doing a full cal, so I presumed I was done. Heading out to the coach to give it another try. Thanks again. Don

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 02:09:18 PM »
So... the secret calibration code is 1218 for all Aladdins?
David,

It was on mine.  But, it could be changed if you wanted to.

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
Speaking of the Aladdin System, on our 2005 Patriot Thunder if you look in the Tank Module bay you will notice some plumbing coming through the drive wheel side of the bay. It is important to make sure you have a good seal where that drain pipe passes through the opening for that plumbing. While traveling in wet, rainy conditions the drive tire of the coach can blow water into the bay around that pipe and damage the modules in that area if you don't have a good seal. I used the foam insulation you can buy in a can to spray around that pipe and create a good seal. Since these modules are no longer made its a good idea to try and preserve them.
Best Regards,
Larry Fisk
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine