Author Topic: Lose of power  (Read 1815 times)

Scott Hinote

• BAC Member
  • 727-744-5531
Lose of power
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:04:50 PM »
Well after my wife firing up the microwave and the air fryer at the same time I’m pretty sure the inverter is smoked . I’ve lost power to the hurricane heater, and at least 3 recepticals that I’m aware of . I’ve searched everywhere for the inverter . I looked in the battery cabinet I couldn’t tell you how many times , and no inverter . We are traveling in a 2000 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga , if anyone knows where I can find it . Thanks everyone.
C.Scott Hinote
2000 Patriot
CAT 3126B  330hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Lose of power
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:48:48 PM »
Our inverter/charger is located in the basement on the vertical separation wall in front of the waste tanks.  Since it is located in the exact center of the coach (equidistant from the left and right sides of the coach), it can be accessed from either side of the coach through basement doors on both sides of the coach but the control buttons on the inverter/charger are only accessible from the street side on our coach.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:03:56 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 02:04:08 AM »
Scott,
It's going to be mounted either on the wall or the ceiling of one of the bays.  Don't remember where it was exactly on our 2000. Doubt you did any damage to the unit. Sounds like it may need a reset or you may have tripped a GFI, probably located in one of the basement bays.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 12:56:59 PM »
You may have tripped a breaker. It happens to us sometimes when overloading the circuit. Ours are located in the basement on the ceiling.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 05:52:35 PM »
Scott, Do you have the Owners Manual for your coach? IF not, go to www.beaveramb.org , Technical, Coach Assist. You will find your manual there. In Coach Assist, there is lots of good info including wiring diagrams, tech info and manuals for your inverter/charger, etc.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Scott Hinote

• BAC Member
  • 727-744-5531
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
Okay I finally found the inverter . After finding it I found two small reset buttons . I was able to get one to reset, which restored power inside the coach . But the other reset wouldn’t reset , I am just going by feel because I can’t see the backside of the inverter .
I still need some help because with the button that wouldn’t reset we believe it is what keeps my chassis batteries or engine batteries charged. I’m having trouble with my hurricane aqua heater for our furnace heat . If the inverter is not working correctly it’s not going to keep my chassis batteries fully charged . Those batteries are brand new like 3 weeks ago . I hope I’m not losing everyone . Apparently if those batteries get low at all I’m not sure how low but the furnace heat will not work , but we do have hot water .
So I’m thinking until I’m able to get that other reset to work then my batteries will continue to get to a lower voltage until your not able to start the coach . If all that is correct, is it possible to pull that inverter out and replace or repair the reset button ? It’s a big inverter, I’m guessing it not original . And it looks very expensive .
This would explain why the previous owner had trouble with the heater, and why he kept a trickle charge on those batteries . Any additional help would be appreciated very much . I would love to post a picture of the inverter but I’ve tried everything I know and looked everywhere but I don’t see of a way to post pictures, which would be very helpful .
Thanks for all your help and safe travels
Scott & Cindy
C.Scott Hinote
2000 Patriot
CAT 3126B  330hp

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:39 PM »
I don't think your issue with your batteries is due to your inverter charger. Take a careful look at your inverter and write down the name, model and serial # for your records. Look up the inverter brand-model owners manual in the Coach Assist section of this forum I mentioned above. Your chassis battery charging issues are likely described in your owners manual, again, as found in the coach assist section. Until you get your battery issues solved, you might want to hook up a trickle type battery charger to your chassis batteries, otherwise they will go dead on you.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »
Scott, a Guide to resizing and posting photos can be found by tapping the yellow “Home” tab above, then in the General boards section is “Forum assistance” where you’ll see the Guide.  Much depends on what type and brand of device you’re using, and the Guide was designed as such.  If you still have problems afterward, we’re here to help.

It would help us if you could find a brand and model on your inverter.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:13:08 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 11:32:38 PM »
Scott,
We need some basic info to provide assistance. What are your house and chassis battery voltages now? Are you plugged into shore power or running the generator or not? Also, as mentioned earlier, the model of your inverter would be helpful.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp