Author Topic: Engine repair in the Shreveport area  (Read 1482 times)

Dennis Campbell

Engine repair in the Shreveport area
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:28:41 AM »
Hi All,
After traveling about 35,000 miles, I've incurred my first break down. I got an engine light just outside of Shreveport Louisiana :(.
Silverleaf says it's an injector issue.
Does anyone know of a reputable service service in the area? There is not a cat service here, so any help would be much appreciated. Perhaps a silly question, but how about Cummins, or a Roadmaster shop? would they be familiar with cat c-9 repair?
I can post some codes here if anyone can provide some insight.......

BTW, is Dave Atherton still available for help?

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Engine repair in the Shreveport area
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:36:31 AM »
I would recommend that you contact of Dave Atherton's, Dave is a master cat mechanic and he would be my first call. He is a BAC member and can provide a recourses or just save you some major cash.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dennis Campbell

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:44:22 AM »
I would recommend that you contact of Dave Atherton's, Dave is a master cat mechanic and he would be my first call. He is a BAC member and can provide a recourses or just save you some major cash.

Hi Jerry, was curious if he was still available... I will look for his contact info. thanks!

Dennis Campbell

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 03:08:06 AM »

Yes...contacted Dave and the advice was spot on. Was able to clean the connection to the injector and that fixed the problem and assuredly saved 100's of dollars! thanks for the recommendation!
Dennis