Author Topic: Captain Chair won’t recline  (Read 1482 times)

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
Captain Chair won’t recline
« on: March 16, 2022, 09:26:58 PM »
All the electrical mechanisms work in the chair. However the pull lever on the side that reclines the back rest forward and backwards is locked solid. It will not budge to allow for it to recline. I have taken the chair off and turned it upside down for better access but it appears the only way to reach the problem area it is to take off the upholstery. This is the original chair and has 455 patriot thunder embossed in the material. So I don’t really want to mess up the upholstery as I have no experience in doing this kind of stuff. Has anyone experienced this before and know a better way to get this thing unstuck?
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

George Harwell

Re: Captain Chair won’t recline
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 10:46:55 PM »
Be sure to have someone jiggle the backrest while you try to move the control lever. You just might get it to free up.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Cook

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 12:34:39 AM »
Be sure to have someone jiggle the backrest while you try to move the control lever. You just might get it to free up.

Thanks George…. Tried that to no avail. The way this thing is made baffles me. Hoping to find a solution from someone who has worked on these chairs.
Fred & Cindy

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 04:30:10 PM »
Fred did you find a solution on the chair?  I have 06 Marquis that has same problem
would be interested if you did..

Bobby Kirk
2006 Beaver Marquis
2006 Marquis

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 09:45:24 PM »
Fred did you find a solution on the chair?  I have 06 Marquis that has same problem
would be interested if you did..

Bobby Kirk
2006 Beaver Marquis

No Bobby, no solution. I gave up and put the chair back on its pedestal. It’s comfortable the way it sits but I just like to have things work the way they are supposed to.
Fred & Cindy

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 04:33:08 PM »
Yes Fred I am with you on things working the way they are suppose to.  My chair back on pass side is all the way back.  Have to be careful when putting slide in ot it will hit back of chair PIA 

BOBBY KIRK
2006 Marquis