Author Topic: Slide movement after set up  (Read 1390 times)

Bob Disney

• BAC Member
Slide movement after set up
« on: April 14, 2022, 03:45:53 PM »
We have a 2005 Monterey Ventura IV
The front driver side slide, after we are set up,  relaxes after a day or so and will retract in about an inch at the rear end. The front stays out.
 When I notice it I can bump the control and move it out. It also lifts a little when it relaxes in, as the floor drops as it slides out. Not a huge problem but it will allow water in during a storm. This has resulted in minor water intrusion.
Any Ideas how to adjust this?
2005 Monterey Ventura IV
(the Beave)
just fits in the 40' shed
400hp C9 Cat
Towing various old Jeeps

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Slide movement after set up
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 06:14:03 PM »
Bob,
Sounds like you have a slide hydraulic solenoid that is leaking a bit. Only fix is to replace it. Also check your fluid level and fill if necessary. Low fluid can also cause this problem since system is pressurized.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Bob Disney

Bob Disney

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 07:43:19 PM »
Here is a opportunity for a question that shows my ignorance
Where is the hydraulic reservoir for this located?
While I am showing my lack of understanding I may as well ask the same of the solenoid?
2005 Monterey Ventura IV
(the Beave)
just fits in the 40' shed
400hp C9 Cat
Towing various old Jeeps

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 10:57:34 PM »
Bob,
Not sure on your coach. The tank on mine (Valid/Power Gear unit) is in the front pass side bay next to the Aqua Hot. The solenoid block is normally up near the front. Hopefully an 05 owner can give you the exact locations.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 11:01:26 PM »
     Bob,
  I am not sure on your model. You can have an assistant stand outside and when you push the extend or retract button, have them identify the location of the pump. The solenoids are attached to the pump housing. There may be labels on the harness to each respective solenoid. If not, you can unplug 1 at a time until you find the 1 that "extends" the room you are having an issue. The extend solenoid is the one that maintains the pressure to keep the room totally extended and sealed against the sidewall. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 11:45:35 PM »
Bob,

Page 199 (Equipment Section 5) of the 2005 Monterey owner’s manual discusses the slide-room hydraulic pump/reservoir location. Also, you will see images of the hydraulic reservoir, pump, and solenoids. If you don’t have an owner’s manual, you can find one in the ‘Coach Assist’ section

Here’s a couple of excerpts from the HWH Operator’s Manual (not the Monterey manual).

Note: Hold the switch to "EXTEND" three or four seconds after the room is fully extended. This assures proper pressurization of the cylinders.

IMPORTANT: Do not hold the ROOM CONTROL SWITCH in the "EXTEND" position for more than ten seconds after the room is fully extended (and down if applicable) or stops moving.

As Steve mentioned, the most important thing to do first is check the fluid level, THEN try this.
Hold the EXTEND switch down for three or four seconds after the room is fully extended (release the switch if the pump starts to squeal). Sometimes this will help clear the problem if the room creep is not caused from a leak, O-ring issue or defective solenoid. I’ve had this technique work but sometimes it’s just a temporary “fix”. I would do the same for the RETRACT operation to clear any debris that may be present.

-Scott
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 11:51:47 PM by Scott Shearer »
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 01:24:04 AM »
Bob
I have the '06 Ventura IV.  My slide pump, reservoir and solenoids are behind the front step on the passenger side.  Your '05 is probably the same.
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp