Author Topic: Sealand Magnum 3110 toilet and Waste Master System questions  (Read 1355 times)

Steve Misemer

• BAC Member
Sealand Magnum 3110 toilet and Waste Master System questions
« on: April 21, 2022, 09:57:01 PM »
I need a little help with this item please. I have seen several posts about it but I still have some questions.

I have a 2006 Beaver Marquis Jade with the 3110 toilet in it and it's stopped working.

The flush ball stays open. So I removed the lid where the control module is and here is what I see.

The LED #11 flash's 2 times then pauses then 2 times again over and over. Also the valve open light is on. I removed the fuse then set the switch to service mode and then back to normal. Sometimes it will flush once then stay open.

I have ordered a new circuit board thru NW RV Supply. Does this typically fix the issue?

What do you use to clean the ball valve gasket? Or is it easy to replace the ball valve gasket from the top?

Waste master System

It appears that my coach came with the Waste Master Drain system and it was replaced some time ago. However I have a couple of major challenges with what it was replaced with and wanted to see what you guys have replaced those with. Below are the problems I have with mine.

When they removed the the Waste Master System they installed what looks to be a 9" piece of black PVC drain pipe with the sewer adapter/connector on the end. As I was attaching my Camco Rhino drain hose to this pipe it started to spin. As you can imagine it ended up coming lose and came out (it looks like what ever glue was used to secure it failed).

The access door and area behind it is very small and difficult to get your hands into. What have you installed in place of what i described above.

Any help with these items would certainly be appreciated. My wife and I just purchased this beautiful coach and I this is my first Forum post.

Thank you
Steve

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:02:46 PM by Steve Misemer »
2006 Marquis Jade Copper Marsh
44'
Cat C 13 525hp
Steve Misemer

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Re: Sealand Magnum 3110 toilet and Waste Master System questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 11:44:43 PM »
Steve,

The control module is a good place to start. As far as cleaning the ball seal, the ball needs to be open to really clean it properly. If the control module is failing, then you can’t leave it open to access it. If the bowl will hold water, then the seal is probably ok. To replace seal, you will have to remove toilet to access seal and ball. I would replace both ball and seal if you have it apart. The hardest part is cutting through the caulking around the base of the toilet. Once that is done, then fairly easy project. Also, on the Monacoers forum, there is a guy who manufactures the control module and will help you with any questions you may have concerning the 3110 toilet. Is name is Paul Whittle, great guy! Good luck with your project.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
Re: Sealand Magnum 3110 toilet and Waste Master System questions
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 06:23:34 AM »
Steve,

The controller that you ordered from NW RV Supply is the same one that Frank is referring to and the same one that I used to replace our second OEM controller. It works better than OEM ever did.

The troubleshooting section of Sealand Owner's manual says that a flashing LED 11 may indicate an issue with the valve open or valve close limit switch.

Waste Master sewer hose.

Our coach still has the original WM hose, other than pinching your hands when storing, it works great.

If you look low on the bulkhead that is just forward of the drive wheels you should see a sheet metal shroud that covers the drain line which runs from the waste tanks to the exit next to the wet bay door. If you remove this shroud, hopefully you should be able to better access the modification made by the PO.

I've read that there was a time that the replacement hoses were prone to damage when stowed. Perhaps that's why the PO chose not to replace. The same thread said the issue seemed to be fixed with later versions.

Scott
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock