Author Topic: Blower stops when A/C on high or max  (Read 1455 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Blower stops when A/C on high or max
« on: August 16, 2022, 01:36:34 AM »
The blowers on our 2004 Marquis turn off after the A/C is run for a short while on high.  When they stop….the blower will not work on any speed for a few minutes.  After two or three minutes they will work again.

As long as I don’t run the blower on high it will keep working…. I assume that a circuit breaker is overheating????   Any ideas where to look??
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Blower stops when A/C on high or max
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 01:50:24 AM »
      Rick,

I would check the front "run panel" below the driver's window. It is a 20 amp circuit breaker that is overheating. The question is why. I believe both dash blowers and the condenser fan may be on that circuit. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 03:09:23 AM »
Thanks Fred!!!   At least one of the blowers seems to be squeaking at times. I suspect bearings…. I have new blower motors if I can figure out how to remove the center console.
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 02:15:40 PM »
    Rick,
That was the same issue I had on my coach. The blower motors are usually the issue. They do not have ball bearing assemblies but have bronze bushings that eventually dry up and bind the armature. As they bind up, they squeak and draw more amperage to operate. As far as access, it is kind of a puzzle but you can figure out how it was assembled. I am not sure on your coach, but my blower motors turn opposite of each other. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6