Author Topic: Mirror version of Alladin Screen  (Read 5305 times)

Sean Donohue

Mirror version of Alladin Screen
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
This is weird... Just picked up the coach  ('08 Contessa) last month, and while we checked everything on the pickup inspection, I later noticed the information on the screen was reversed, like looking at a mirror.... I last night looked at the system again, and with the motor not running, it is normal, but when I start it up, it flips to a morror image... weird... Any thoughts?  Like could the wiring for power be reversed?  
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:39:51 AM by 14 »

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Mirror version of Alladin Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
Yes I had that problem cause I was fooling around with settings in the menu.   I can't remember exactly now as it has been over a year now since that happened, but go into the menu and check I think think it supposed to be set to "mirror" so that when you look into the screen it appears as left side is on the left side, right side is on the right  side.  

Ken Buck

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
If your system is like mine there are 4 different screen inputs. Left side camera, Right side camera, Rear camera and Alladin Jr. system. The screen controls will allow you to look at any input either "plain" or "reverse" (my desciption) Bring up your Alladin screen using screen controls, input 4 on mine, then use the screen controls to make it look right.

You can adjust the cameras to look like you want them to also, either like you were looking in a mirror or like you had turned around to look at something.

Remember if you want to do something on the Alladin screen, not the way it looks, but the numbers and stuff on the screen, you have to use the Alladin control. If you want to do something to how the screen looks, use the screen controls. It takes a little use before it comes naturally which set of controls to use to get what you want.

Ken

Sean Donohue

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Will try this afternoon... Thanks

Sean Donohue

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »
Late getting back to this but all is well now. It was the settings, I "played with it and it is back to fully operational.

Ken Buck

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:53:07 AM »
Sometimes things just need a good playing with to make them work right.

Sean Donohue

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »
When we stop playing we get old...