Author Topic: Aqua-Hot  (Read 332 times)

Michael Turnipseed

• BAC Member
Aqua-Hot
« on: June 29, 2024, 07:21:16 PM »
Been searching the board trying to find in the aqua hot questions something relating to the F fuse, when I hit the switch to turn on the hot by the count of two, I’ve blown that breaker when I jumped the ignition underneath, so I could actually listen it sounds like the blower engages for you up to the count of two. After reading the aqua manual over and over the different things that could be none of them seem to address this issue most the troubleshooting needs to have power on. I’ve checked continuity on all the VDC and the VAC the electric water heater probe. Everything works fine. I’ve got power to the C2 plug so I’m kind of lost. My next step was, I pulled the blower and motor out. Got it on the bench with 12 V power when the motor is hooked up to the blower shaft, it will not run constantly if I disconnect the motor from the shaft, the motor runs with no Interruptions. When it was running connected to the blower shaft, the bearings didn’t sound good so I’m gonna go ahead and break that apart and change the bearings and I’m wondering if there is a way to check the resistance on that motor to make sure that it doesn’t fail under a load. Should I take it to motor shop?
I’ve contacted the Aqua hot on Tuesday and put in a submission for technical support. I haven’t heard anything back from them. I’ve contacted to authorized reps in the southwest Washington area area. I haven’t heard back from them so maybe somebody out there can put me in a direction I don’t mind putting the bearings in. I’m sure that’s a good good move anyhow at this point it’s life. I’ve had about seven years and never changed them, but even then, I’m not sure if that’s gonna solve the problem any help I’d appreciate it
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington w/Tag
C12 505 hp
2020 F150 Toad
07 ElectraGlide Hanger
Security System Red Healer 😏

Michael Turnipseed

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua-Hot
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 07:24:15 PM »
Sorry the unit is a 100-02S
C12 505 hp
2020 F150 Toad
07 ElectraGlide Hanger

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 10:21:24 PM »
Micheal
The blower motor when fed 12 volts should turn approx 4500 rpm ( however the bearings may drag that down some) this can be checked with an optical tach.
While you have the burner apart check the fuel pump to see if it turns freely enough ( there will be some resistance ) look over the pump gearing and regrease them .
 You may have short either in the wiring to the aquahot or in the burner itself
First disconnect the burner control box on the burner ( wiring coming to the box this will eliminate the burner from the equation now try the fuse and power switch this will tell you if you have a short in the burner circuit.
If the fuse blows without the controller plugged in disconnect the circulation pumps one at a time to determine where your short circuit is .

Aqua hot parts are expensive but the bearings can be bought from your local bearing supply store reasonably # ( SKF 608-ZZ )
Reuse the concave spring washer and set the blower clearance as close to 3 thousands of an inch as possible without any drag or scuffing of the blower wheel.

This is a link to a motor diag video
https://youtu.be/ihJ9bgPudAE?si=NMzF45H1v2DNOj4U

Hope this helps
Eric
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 10:46:06 PM by Eric Maclean »
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Michael Turnipseed

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 11:31:16 PM »
Thanks Eric watched the video. It was a great help. That is exactly what I have going on with the motor. The bearings in the video didn’t sound much different than mine, but I have it out. Maybe just do the change. With the unit already out on the bench, I don’t have any way to check your other suggestion until I reinstall. At this point it looks like a motor for sure I’ll go to bearing distributor for that end. I’m almost thinking about buying the C harness. To eliminate that equation. Fuel pump turns as it should when I first put it on the bench still had enough fuel in to cycle.
Would the flat spot on the motor if it is dragging enough, be enough to blow the fuse ?
Not having an RPM I could tell I had an issue With the motor.
Thanks
C12 505 hp
2020 F150 Toad
07 ElectraGlide Hanger

Michael Turnipseed

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 12:05:10 AM »
After rereading can I do the circuit test with everything unhooked ?
Thanks Eric
C12 505 hp
2020 F150 Toad
07 ElectraGlide Hanger

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 12:25:54 AM »
Micheal
If you're got the burner apart you can feed a straight 12 volt to the burner motor to test the motor itself you can even do this with the fuel lines connected
Without the control box connected the ignition and fuel solenoid will not engage and the motor should be able to run the blower and pump with no trouble .
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 08:38:07 AM »
When we broke off the ear of the mounting plate of the burner motor we decided to just go all new.  John Carillo provided one in a very timely fashion that was mostly plug and play only losing the clock.  We bought new but rebuilt was also an option in some cases.  John’s number (19705183085).
Best of luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!