Author Topic: RVA Jack Switch  (Read 5231 times)

Dick Simonis

RVA Jack Switch
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »
I just had the left rear jack switch crap out on me.  It will retract OK but not extend.  Works fine from the panel in the service bay just not on the console.

Question is....anything odd about these?  I suspect they are SPDT, center off, momentary contact but I haven't pulled it yet to verify.  In the meantime I can use the other panel if necessary until I get home.

Thanks for any info.

Dick
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:04:43 AM by 14 »

Dennis Mecklenburg

Re: RVA Jack Switch
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 01:23:09 AM »
I had a failed switch also and just ordered a couple from RVA directly. Do not remember the cost, but I bought a couple extra to have on hand as they were reasonably priced. RVA sent mine quickly and problem was resolved. The replacement search will take more time than the phone call and if you have the time the wait for the parcel post. Good Luck

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
We had this problem.  There was a corrosion problem in all the switches that I feel was caused by moisture condensation from the drivers window.  I cleaned all the contacts and replaced one switch.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
We had the problem and talked to RVA. They stated 90% of the time cleaning the switch fixes it.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:39:41 PM »
Thanks folks, I try cleaning and may order a couple of switch from RVA just in case.