Author Topic: Patio Awning  (Read 6075 times)

Larry Hollar

Patio Awning
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
Hello, I'm new to this board, but would like to ask what may be a stupid question!  My husband and I own a 2003 Beaver Marquis and what I am curious about is the patio awning.  Ever since we bought the coach, the awning slants down on the right side.  Is this normal or is there something wrong with the awning supports?  Appreciate any guidance you can give me!  Thanks....Penny in TX
PS:  Usually everywhere we go has too much wind for it to stay open, but I'd like to have it fixed if this isn't normal.

George H. Wall

Re: Patio Awning
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »
This is needed so water will run off and NOT pool up on it when it rains!!  Henry

Larry Hollar

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
Good to know.  It just tilts so much, I was concerned that something was wrong with it!  Thanks so much for your prompt answer!  Penny

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
Larry,

You could measure the distance from the awning to the ground on each end, and post that information to this thread, to get a better response.  If it is a Girard awning, you could phone them with that information and question.

the other Larry

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »
My girard was and is the same way.  It works great in the rain.  The people at Girard were very helpful with my questions.  As a matter of fact all the component manufacturers that are still in business were very accesable and helpful with the issues I have come across.

John Fearnow

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 04:21:14 AM »
When I got my 2002 Thunder several years ago, the Girard awning tilted down at the front end of the coach to the extent it interferred with the front door as it swung open and closed.  The corner of the door hit the canvas on the awning so I had to push up the canvas as the door passed.  While at BCS in Bend having other work done they adjusted the awning to raise the front side and lower the back.  Now the door is clear of the awning and the rain runs off the back at least when the wind speed is below the retraction limit.

John Fearnow
2002 Patriot Thunder
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:01:12 PM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »
Larry and Penny
Seems to me that you have more than one question here.  Is the one corner too low?  Is the extended end of the awning too low?  Has the wind speed sensor               (aka: annemometer)  been adjusted to where it retracts the awning too soon?

I agree with the above suggestion to call Girrard ( if it is their awning).  Andree is a good guy and very helpful.

Keith and Carol Moffett
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dick Simonis

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
The awning is pretty simple to adjust and the directions in the manual are easy to follow.  If you don't have the manul, it should be available through Girard.

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
On the Girard website, you will be able to download the operation manual.  It explains how to adjust the angle of the awning arms.  It also explains how to adjust the wind speed setting the wind sensor is set at, and it tells you how to adjust the furling and unfurling motor settings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:21:32 AM by 14 »