Author Topic: SilverLeaf update  (Read 7251 times)

Joel Weiss

SilverLeaf update
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »
I don't know if everyone with a SilverLeaf is aware that the three functions on the primary "Drive Screen" can be selected from among any of the functions being monitored.  At least, they can be if you don't have the original Version 1.1 of the firmware as I did.  I stopped by SilverLeaf today and had the latest Version 4 firmware installed by one of their staff in less than an hour.  

My Drive Screen now has the transmission gear numbers at the top (for example, 6 6) and my three displayed functions are now: tachometer, coolant temp, transmission temp. I like having the digital tach display since I find the dashboard tach very difficult to read and it is so low on the dash I have to take my eyes off the road to look down to see it.  Having an accurate tach permits me to stay close to the torque peak and it also makes it easy to ensure that I don't over-rev the engine when using the Jake.  I would have considered having Speed as one of the functions, but I have that displayed on my GPS and am accustomed to looking at it.  If I decide to change the displayed functions it is now something I can do in less than a minute.

SilverLeaf charges $95 for an update if you need it and they don't provide the file as something a customer can do on his own.

Richard Cooper

Re: SilverLeaf update
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:50 AM »
How does one "stop by Silverleaf"?  Where are they?

Joel Weiss

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:14:14 AM »
Quote from: Richard Cooper
How does one "stop by Silverleaf"?  Where are they?

Sorry, they are in Albany OR.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:31 AM »
Did they put the weather station info in also???  On the "spec" buttion??  Kind of an interesting feature.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:09:31 AM »
I don't know anything about weather station info on the Silverleaf. I know that the new firmware includes PressurePro integration but I already have a TST TPMS.

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
I realize this a fairly old topic, but new to me.  My 2002 Monterey has the monochrome Silverleaf system (120 LC?) installed.  I don't know if I have the current firmware, but would like to update it.  I am in Georgia and don't plan on being in Oregon any time soon.  I have several questions.

1.  Can I obtain the files and cables from Silverleaf to perform the update?  If not, where in my general vicinity can I have this done?
2.  I have read about Pressure Pro integration.  I have a complete Pressure Pro system for my coach and toad.  Assuming I have the current Silverleaf system, how do I integrate the Pressure Pro with the Silverleaf to obtain the info on the Silverleaf screen?
3.  Assuming my system is the 120 LC, other than a higher resolution color screen, is there any other advantage to having the 240 CL system?

Thanks.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »
Bill,
Most of your questions can best be answered by calling Silverleaf Electronics (541-967-8111), and if possible talk to the owner Martin Perlot.

To integrate the Pressure Pro system into your Silverleaf System, you will need to purchase a module and have new firmware installed into your unit.  

As for as I know the only reason to change your system is for better video capability.

Gerald

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »
Thanks, Gerald. I will give them a call.

Steve Jewell

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 12:26:58 AM »
Bill,
   If you want to do the update yourself I have all the cables for every system. Silverleaf can email you the update file and you can install it. You can use my cables if you want to do it yourself.

Steve Jewell

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »
Steve -

Thanks so much for your reply.  I will see if they will email the file to me and then send you a PM about the cables.

Bill

Bruce Benson

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Weather Station requires additional hardware which is available from Silverleaf.