Author Topic: Mobile RV repair  (Read 9861 times)

barbhalsell

Mobile RV repair
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:44:50 AM »
I know there are a few well recommended mobile RV repair people located in places around Eugene or Bend, OR. However, our coach is parked in Citrus Heights, CA. We have still not fixed our RVA jack problem and now have the drooping slides issue. Ideally getting to the Bend Service Center for a thorough look-see would be great but that won't be possible for a few months at least. Has anyone used  an RV service in the Sacramento area that does house calls and is reputable?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:35:09 AM by 5 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Mobile RV repair
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:12:14 AM »
Jack and Barb-

Found the following on RV Reviews.com, and it is one of the few with multiple excellent reviews:

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/ReviewDetails.asp?Submit=&FacilityID=31&State=CA&Search=&CategoryID=

Whether they are mobile or not I'm not sure.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

barbhalsell

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »
Thanks Joel. They sound promising. Just can't seem to click through to the website for them. My explorer keeps shutting it down. I even tried clicking through from google, it may just be temporary glitch.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:11 AM »
Don't know... I clicked right through with no problem.  Could be your antivirus/firewall program doesn't like the site, though neither my McAfee on the Windows desktop nor the Apple iPad have absolutely any problem with it.  If you know how, set your security program to allow connecting to the site.

http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/

By the way, we did pass through near you (Gooding) a couple weeks ago, on our way to Bend from our son's in Twin.  But we had little time, or would have tried to connect with you.  As it was we had to forgo dropping in on relatives in Middleton, east of Boise, as well.

Joel
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:51:25 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

barbhalsell

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
It's the dang Internet Explorer that won't let it load, it says there is a problem with the web page. I will keep trying.
That is too bad you did not get a chance to holler on your way through. Could have maybe grabbed coffee at least. I did have my son, his wife and the grandaughter here then. My son was up hunting in Stanley with Jack and we three girls had a ton of fun by ourselves.
We will meet one day!
Barb

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »
Barb,
If you are still having problem with IE, try downloading Firefox and install it as a browser. I find it has much better performance in opening and downloading compared to IE. You can always delete it later if you  don't like it.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »
Must be some setting in your IE, cuz I'm using MSN which is just a "mask" interface over the top of Internet Explorer.  I just skipped over the MSN and entered the website directly in my IE, and it opened immediately.  It's gotta be the level of your IE built-in security settings - they may be too restrictive.

You could try Steve's Firefox too, if you can't reconfigure your IE settings.

Joel
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:56:08 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Collins

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »
Barb,

There is a mobile repairman in the Sacramento area that we have used for years. The last job was on a leak in our roof. His name is Byron Kell (Byron's Mobile R.V. & Handyman Service). His number is 916-205-8355. Because he is good he is very busy, but give him a call.

Mary
2002 Marquis, C12

barbhalsell

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
It is only that particular website that I cannot get to.  I looked at several other business's referred from the review website with no problem. I will travel back with Jack after Thanksgiving, and plan to stay for at least 2 months.  I hope to get some of the MH issues resolved while I am there.
This Byron Kell sounds promising.  We have slide alignment, RVA jack and radiator cleaning problems just to name a few.
Barb
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:56:33 AM by 14 »

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
Barb---There is another mobile RV repair person who lives in Bend, but travels to Palm Springs for the winter.  Don't know if he has moved down yet or not but Mike Flowerday is very good at RV repairs.  He worked on Beaver coaches for years when Beaver was in Bend.  If he has not left Bend yet he probably would stop at Citrus Heights for you.  He stopped at our home in Apple Valley for a repair  one time back a few years ago.  His phone # is 541-410-5555.  He'll probably be in the Palm Springs area this year so you could plan to come to the "Under the Big Top" rally in Indio the first week in January.  We have seen Mike in the fairgrounds many times when we're there.  Good luck
Mandy [size=14][/size] :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:37:05 AM by 5 »
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

barbhalsell

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »
Thanks Mandy, Mike, Joel and Steve for the info and recommendations. I have to get the repair issues out of the way so I can start trying to redecorate in keeping with all the gorgeous coaches I keep seeing on here. I am green with envy!

John Owen

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
Hi.  We have had great service from River City RV - 916-847-0047.  George (the owner) has done work on our RV for several years, with terrific results. :)

barbhalsell

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 03:21:04 AM »
Thanks John!