Author Topic: Where is fuse box on 2001 Marquis?  (Read 10610 times)

Richard Cooper

Where is fuse box on 2001 Marquis?
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:08 AM »
Seems like everything on the left side of my coach has gone out for some reason or another.  Microwave is dead, all outlets inside coach (both sides), wall sconces, front TV and sound system.  

I have no idea where the fuse box is, but checked breakers in bedroom closets and none were tripped.

Any ideas?

Gerald Farris

Re: Where is fuse box on 2001 Marquis?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:45 AM »
Richard,
It sounds like you either tripped the ground fault that is located on the rear wall of the basement on the passenger's side of the coach, or you tripped one of the breakers in the box that is located on the basement ceiling just in front of the afore mentioned ground fault plug. It is common to accidently switch one of the breakers in that box off if you are moving articles into or out of a full basement at that location.

Gerald

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
I'm betting one of the two breakers on the inverter.  Happened to me several time when tryed running more than one appliance  in the kitchen.  Can't microwave and make coffee at the same time.  Of course each time was eary AM, in the dark, and the bay in front of the inverter was full.

Check GFI's first, lot easier access.

Richard Cooper

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
You guys are the best!  I learn stuff when it breaks and maybe the best way for it to sink in.

I found 3 GFI's tripped.....red button popped out which I depressed back in.  Everything works now!

One was in basement, one was below the countertop and left of gas cooktop, and other was in small cabinet above microwave where microwave plugged in.

Are there anymore?  Oh, I found another in the dining area on wall at base of refrigerator.  It was not tripped though.  Therefore, I counted 4 with trips on them and other outlets with no trips which are apparently connected to one with a trip.

Richard Cooper

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
By the way, is there a fuse box somewhere just so I can look in it should I need to?

Dick Simonis

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
Great, glad is was simple.  Now, of course, there is the question of why did they trip.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
Richard,
There is no fuse box for the 120V house wiring system. The 120V house wiring is controlled by two breaker boxes on your coach. One is located in the bedroom closet and the other one is located on the right rear corner of the basement ceiling.

Gerald

Richard Cooper

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 05:39:11 PM »
I suspect it tripped because I overloaded an outlet.  I ran a heavy duty extension cord from an outlet to the left of my couch across the back of the couch all the way over to the drivers seat so that I could have an outlet there.  I had a 3 outlet surge guard plugged into the extension cord to protect 3 devices:  iPad, MiFi, and a Sleek range extender for the MiFi.  Plus, the sound system was running from music stored on the iPad.  I think the ice maker is on that GFI too and it runs.  I would have thought these 3 devices would not have pulled much juice.

Richard Cooper

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Gerald Farris
Richard,
There is no fuse box for the 120V house wiring system. The 120V house wiring is controlled by two breaker boxes on your coach. One is located in the bedroom closet and the other one is located on the right rear corner of the basement ceiling.

Gerald

The chassis has 12 volt and are there fuses for that?  Are they located in the outside basement door under the drivers side?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
Richard,
Most of the 12V chassis electrical circuits on your 01 Marquis, are controlled by auto-reset circuit breakers that are located in the LF electrical bay.

Gerald

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »
in the basement storage near the water pump etc screwed to the underfloor is a breaker box with 3 x 20 amp breakers.  Try looking for it.  Other possibility is you have inadvertently tripped the GFI (red button) on the outlet in the kitchen.
   There are no fuses.   Hope this helps.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:33 AM »
There may also be an GFI button on an outlet in the bay that got pushed inadvertently.

Larry

Richard Cooper

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 05:41:11 AM »
First thing I did was confirm all 3 GFI's were not tripped.  I learned that last December.