Author Topic: Shore Power Cord Door Lock  (Read 3930 times)

Dick Simonis

Shore Power Cord Door Lock
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
On my last trip, I had to force the door open after losing the key, now it's inoperative and I need to replace the lock but don't know the real name for it.  It's the kind that pops out and turns when unlocked.  I have no idea why Beaver felt it was unnecessary to lock that door and would prefer something like the one on the propane access.  

Any help identifying this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dick

Dave Cunningham

Re: Shore Power Cord Door Lock
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:37:14 AM »
Dick,
I don't know the actual name for those locks, but I just ordered two of them from beaver coach sales, I ordered the non-locking versions , as, like you I hated forgetting the keys when I got to the back to hook up the shore power.

Dave

TimBurks

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
Dave,

Do you have a part number for the locks you ordered. I went online to beaver coach sales and looked for that lock, but I could not find it. I had the same problem.

Thanks,

Tim

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:56:22 PM »
I ended up forcing the door open which broke the latch assy.  When I got to BCS last summer I had the mechanism replaced with on non-locking one like the propane door.  At that time there were no replacements available on the Market but Steve had one on his older Beaver that he swapped with me.

BCS also has replacement keys in stock which is an easy fix.

neil omalley

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
I had that situation and found an extra key ,cut off the upper part of the key and glued it into the lock mechanism. Now I have just a thumb turn latching part. I mean, who the hell is going to steal your power cord and therefore why do you need to lock that little compartment.  By the way, I am assuming you have the small opening way back and not something which comes out of your water or storage compartment. I.e. your power reel is in the back of the coach?