Author Topic: Aladdin Tank Sensors  (Read 21686 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Aladdin Tank Sensors
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm leaving for my big trip in 10 days, so I don't know if I should mess with behind the water bay panel at this juncture until we get back home. I can probably just 'eyeball' everything until we get back home.

IIRC, when we bought the coach, the Aladdin was not registering the black tank. When we flew in to the dealer to look at the coach the first time, we brought it up as an issue. A few days later that panel was off, or loose, and when we came back a couple of weeks later, the Aladdin was working on the black tank.

Its amazing how much I didn't know I didn't know. I've learned a lot in the last year, thanks to the help here. I want you to know, its very much appreciated.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gerald Farris

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
The SeeLeveL system by Garnet Technologies uses external sensors that are accurate and very dependable. A SeeLeveL system can be used as a standalone system or interfaced with the Aladdin system to replace the problematic Aladdin tank sensors. However there is the option to keep replacing the Aladdin tank sensors, as long as you can still find new ones, or use Neil's method of estimating usage until you develop the old-timer's problem CRS.  

Gerald  

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Update:

Today, I found the black and gray sensors for the Aladdin. I cleaned the "phone" wires, then drove to the Petro. I ran the shower until the gray tank was gurgling. I went to the Aladdin set-up and the RAW had changed from the empty. I reset the RAW for full G tank. I hooked a hose to the fresh water spigot and put it through the bathroom window. I filled the black tank until it gurgled. I checked the Aladdin again and the RAW had changed. I reset that value for the full black tank.

Then I dumped the water from the gray and black, and the tank monitors read zero..empty. Hooray!! I re-filled the fresh water tank to about 1-1/2 inches from the top. Checked the Aladdin and the RAW value had not changed. Dang! Must be a bad sensor.

I opened the road side front slide and peered in behind the two bays that come out. Discovered where the LPG tank is mounted! Saw a solid panel that must be behind the Hydro Hot and fresh water tank. Without crawling in there, I couldn't discern whether that panel comes off. I don't think so. There is a row of bolt/screw heads at the bottom, but nothing on the sides or top. My search for the fresh water sensor continues. I can see the water level by opening the door with the Hydro Hot. So its not critical for now. The gray and black were bigger concerns.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bill Sprague

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »
Great news Stan!

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:35:59 AM »
I installed a See Level system which plugged into my existing Aladdin wiring. It was so easy to install, inexpensive and will never need any maintenance like those sensors. Install them yourself in a couple hours to the outside of the tank.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 04:14:36 AM »
Larry,

Was it model 709-RP? When you say plugged in to Aladdin, do you mean it plugged in to the interface module in the bay where the black and gray tanks are?

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

MarcRodstein

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
I have two new Alladin tank sensors for sale. $25 each plus $5 shipping. If you are interested PM me or phone 561-948-1262.

Marc

Quote from: Gerald Farris
The SeeLeveL system by Garnet Technologies uses external sensors that are accurate and very dependable. A SeeLeveL system can be used as a standalone system or interfaced with the Aladdin system to replace the problematic Aladdin tank sensors. However there is the option to keep replacing the Aladdin tank sensors, as long as you can still find new ones, or use Neil's method of estimating usage until you develop the old-timer's problem CRS.  

Gerald  

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 03:46:49 AM »
Stan, it's been so long I forget what model I have. See Level is very familiar with the Aladdin system and our Beaver-Monaco configurations. Give them a call and they are very helpful and can tell you exactly what you need. To the best of my recollection the new sensors simply plug into the connector at the Aladdin module. The monitoring strips come with a self adhesive and just stick to the outside of the tank. One thing to keep in mind, the monitoring strips are about 14" long but our tanks are around 16" tall ( I'm guessing on those measurements) so the tank reads 100 percent for a little while longer before it starts to drop. Or you can buy another extra strip but its never been an issue for me.

Tic Wilson

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 02:57:52 AM »
Larry, we are new owners of a 2005 Beaver Monterrey Laguna IV.  Our black and gray tank sensors are not working.  It appears that the holding tanks are completely enclosed.  How do you gain access to even see the tanks and where are the sensors?
This is our very first motorcoach.  We are really newbies.  Thanks Tic & Dusty Wilson

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 03:52:55 AM »
You may be able to view the tanks, depending on your exact model of coach, in the curbside bay immediately in front of the rear tire.  Many new owners, that didn't get a proper "walk around" by the seller, don't realize there is a bay there since it latches underneath with two levered catches.  You may have to get on your back to check how that works, and then open the bay.  Inside should be a couple large black tanks, several Aladdin modules, a heat exchanger to keep the basement from freezing, a solar controller, water and HydroHot lines, and other "hidden" coach components.  A flashlight may come in handy.

That said, judging from other recent threads on this Forum, the liklihood is that the tanks' sensors are on the other side of the coach, behind the water bay's white fixture panel.  Removing or at least displacing it enough to access the sensors may be no simple task.  The sensors generally work by measuring the weight or pressure of the liquid above them in the tank.  Often the sensors merely need recalibrating on the Aladdin screen, a procedure many members here have completed;  it generally entails letting the sensors know that 0 liquid weight (pressure) means empty, and that a completely full tank's specific liquid weight, which can differ between coaches, means full.

And, by the way, welcome to the BAC Dusty and Tic!

Joel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:44:49 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:03 AM »
Tic,

We have the same coach as you. Congratulations! We love our Beaver! The black and gray tanks are as Joel describes above. The sensors are behind the white panel (wall) in the wet bay. The wet bay is the one where your sewer hose connects for dumping the black and gray, and where the outside shower is, along with the city water inlet, and the water manifold.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Tic Wilson

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »
Thanks Joel and Stan.  We have a little time before our next trip and plan to check out the location of the holding tanks and clean the telephone wire connectors.  If that does not work, Garnet is only 50 miles away so we can check out the See Level.  The last post was our first time of being on the forum since joining BAC.  The forum so far has been a fantastic experience.  The cost of our membership has been more that offset by the assistance received on this forum.  We look forward to many years of happiness in our coach.  Thanks again

Orman Claxton

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 05:25:47 AM »
2005 Beaver Monterey Gray and Black water sensors are located behind the wet panel on the driver side, I just changed mine.
Not hard to access and change

Tic Wilson

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 11:13:43 PM »
Thanks to Stan and Joel we found the grey & black holding tanks and the aladdin modules.  We also got behind the water control panel (wet bay) on the street side.  
After looking at everything we decided to drive down to Garnet Technology and buy the See Level 709 RP system.  Tic plans to install it himself.  Tic is thinking that since the fresh water sensor seems to be working correctly, that he will install only the grey and black tank sensors of the See Level system.  Thanks everyone.