Author Topic: Sharp Carousel Oven replacement?  (Read 5205 times)

Ron Johnson

Sharp Carousel Oven replacement?
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:40:29 AM »
Have any of you replaced your above the stove convection oven [rather than repair an older unit] and if so what with? My oven just isn't heating the way it should and if it is a blown heating element I'm not sure I want to repair a 13 year old oven I am thinking replace but the replacement has to fit the hole. Any suggestions and\or experiences welcome please.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:52:50 PM by 5 »

Joel Weiss

Re: Sharp Carousel Oven replacement?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:49 AM »
We replaced the Sharp two years ago with a GE Profile Over the Range microwave/convection oven.  The 30" size is standard for over-the-range models made by quite a few manufacturers, but most are just microwave not combined with convection.  The GE is a significant improvement over the old Sharp.  The oven cavity is a bit larger and is lined with stainless so it is easy to clean.  There are metal oven racks built in so it is possible to cook more than one dish at a time.  The oven seems to hold more consistent temperature than the Sharp did.  The GE can easily be setup vented to the front for kitchen installations in which there isn't an outside vent, which is the case in these MHs.

Bill Brown

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »
Our original Sharp Convection gave up the ghost this past winter while we were in Yuma.  We had bought an extended warranty thru BCS when we bought our coach, so called a local repair shop in Yuma.  They came out for their initial inspection to determine the problem.  Long story short, they received authorization from the Warranty company to replace the oven with a NEW Sharp convection oven, same model.  Total down time from failing oven to replacement was approximately 3 weeks.  The oven needed to be ordered from out of town, and it was almost Christmas too.  Wife now much happier with the cooking of the oven, but still does not like all the noise made by the oven when in use.

William Brown
06 Beaver Monterey, Laguna IV
CAT C-9, 400HP

Ron Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:05:35 AM »
Thank you very much for the responses .. I'll get the GE. Love this Forum.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 11:49:31 PM »
Hi Ron and Joel, do you guys recall the model number you chose? I found model# PVM9195SF1SS  but thought I would check and see if you guys like what you have since it's been a year.