Author Topic: Leveling jack issues, Where to take near Mobile AL  (Read 6287 times)

William Brosam

Leveling jack issues, Where to take near Mobile AL
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
Need to get some work done on my leveling jacks front jack wont go down anymore.

heres the senario the site im at currently is not flt at all and was a new gravel pad when i came in and on a wet day. so my slot is very un even.

front leveler bleads off after 2-3 days to almost not being used at all. so yesterday i releveled the coach moved the left jack a touch, and extended the front jack again. Came home after the movie to the left jack being nearly retracted and the front jack still extended. so i lowered the front and reset the rear side to side and now the front wont go down, only up.

so the needle valve is bad or the pump is failing one or the two the rear still work and lift the coach.

so i started the motor and filled the air bags and then turned the motor off hope its okay to stay like this for a while.

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Re: Leveling jack issues, Where to take near Mobile AL
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
You can try Bay City RV Center, 6220 Theodore Dawes Road, Theodore, AL 36582 (251) 654-0660
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

John Fearnow

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
Bill....MY front passenger leveler jack also bleeds off after 2-3 days. T his is the jack on the SMC system that goes to the axel.  I measured it and it retracted about 3 inches.  Were you successful in getting yours repaired and if so what was the fix?

Thanks
John Fearnow
2002 Patriot Thunder

Joel Weiss

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »
I think you have the same RVI system I have on my PT.  If so, I believe all 3 jacks are completely independent and are served off common reservoir using a single pump which is located on the passenger side rear near the battery bay.  So the behavior of one has nothing to do with the others.  I may be over-ruled by someone with more experience, but, to me, it sounds as if the seals on your jacks are leaking.  Have you seen any evidence of fluid leakage?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
John,
On the 4 jack SMC leveling system that you have, there are three possible reasons for a jack to leak down. The first reason is very easy to check, and that is an external leak. If you do not have an external leak, either in a jack or hose, there is probably a 95% chance that your problem is the solenoid valve that controls the jack extension. That valve is probably leaking oil back into the pump reservoir. The third an most unlikely reason is a jack piston seal leaking fluid internally in the jack.

Gerald  

John Fearnow

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »
thanks Gerald and Joel.  I do have the four jack system.  I haven't found any evidence of external leaking so it must be the solenoid switch or the internal jack.  We have an appointment with Hendersons Lineup to look at it before the rally in Canyonville.  I trust they are correct when they said they can handle this type of work.  Tried BCS but couldn't get a date that fits our schedule.

John F

Joel Weiss

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
Quote from: John Fearnow
thanks Gerald and Joel.  I do have the four jack system.  I haven't found any evidence of external leaking so it must be the solenoid switch or the internal jack.  We have an appointment with Hendersons Lineup to look at it before the rally in Canyonville.  I trust they are correct when they said they can handle this type of work.  Tried BCS but couldn't get a date that fits our schedule.

John F

My comments about the RVI jacks were directed at William's original post; there seem to be two threads interwoven here.

As for Henderson's my experience with them has been great.  They tend to be a little expensive for small jobs, but they do quality work.  We had them install their "air bag damping system" (they have their own name for it) in our coach and we thought the change in driving performance was impressive.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »
John,
The technicians at Henderson's Lineup are completely qualified to repair your leveling jack problem.

Gerald  

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »
Bruce and Dona Lauser at B+D Truck Repair do RV work and they are a reputable family owned business. They are located about 5 miles south of I10 just east of Mobile Bay. You would get off at Rt 59/Loxley exit 44. They may not be familiar with that solenoid valve, not sure, so you may want to check availability at Bend or elsewhere if you choose to give them a call. They can let you know if they work on these manifolds.

http://www.b-dauto.net/

Later Ed Buker