Author Topic: aquahot leak?  (Read 3654 times)

Jeff Watt

aquahot leak?
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:56:01 AM »
After driving today through 90+ temperatures I noticed some water on the living room floor. Thought at first it was possible AC drain, but upon examination it appears to be a leak from the front heat registers (under the sink area) .

I am guessing that there is a line leak or possibly the heat exchanger? there are three heat vents but it seems to be leaking from the front two.

I may be able to lift the false floor up and have a look but until then what can I do? Is there a valve on the aquahot to shut off the front zone? Can I drain off the hot water (won't stop the leak but may slow it down). Anything else.

Between this, my satellite not working and my auto leveling not working, the trip to the rally is starting off really well  :-/

I have intermittent internet - should be better tomorrow. Any assistance is appreciated. Some of the rv guys techs will be getting work from me.

Thanks

Jeff

Dennis Crawford

Re: aquahot leak?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:33:05 AM »
Jeff,

I don't think it is a heat exchanger.  There is no water going to the exchangers, just the boiler antifreeze.  That should not be circulating if you dont have the thermostat set to furnace.

Are you sure this is not a house water supply leak?

Dennis

Jeff Watt

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:46:49 AM »
found the problem.....

CHEAP PLASTIC line to ice maker/water in fridge. Fortunately there was a shut off valve on the main water manifold.  Which by the way the manual states - paraphrasing - "plastic tubing is not recommended - we are not responsible for damage caused by poor installation"

Now all i have to do is figure out how to replace the line - likely means pulling the Jenn-Air fridge out. Of course this also means no ice-maker....will have to drink less scotch and more beer!

Jeff

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:35 AM »
Jeff,

I just had to replace my ice maker line.  Mine was leaking from the source line (beforeThe ice maker solenoid).  Not a bad job, but not the easiest in the world.

Good luck.

Dennis

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »
Glad you found the problem Jeff. I hope the fix is not painful. Bummer on the Scotch! Don't drink too much beer before you attempt to repair the problem. Safe travels my friend!!!
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Keith Oliver

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:14 AM »
Buy better scotch and drink it neat.