Author Topic: Front Door Rattle and Wind Noise  (Read 2712 times)

Matthew Harger

Front Door Rattle and Wind Noise
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
This is my first post to the forum.  My wife and I recently purchased a used 1998 Beaver Patriot Brandywine and have been updating and fixing just about everything on it during the past month.

One thing I'm having trouble finding any info on is the coach door.  I'm getting quite a bit of rattle and wind noise from the front door while driving. I'm assuming I'm missing some interior seal or gasket as there is nothing but metal door frame present. I do have the weather seal on the exterior of the door, I think that will need replacing too eventually, but nothing on the interior if one is even supposed to be there

Can anyone send me a phone of the weather stripping on the interior of their door frame or door if they have a similar model coach, so I can see what it is I may be missing.

The interior screen door is missing too, any recommendations on where to order a replacement.

Thanks for the help

Steve Jewell

Re: Front Door Rattle and Wind Noise
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:06:54 AM »
Try  http://en.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/c/rvsalvagemotorhomes-partingout.pl   they may have a used one.

Steve

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
Re: Front Door Rattle and Wind Noise
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »
Mathew: I think your door was sourced at PTL Engineering in Lapeer, MI.  Phone (810) 664-2310. I have purchased three various parts from them over the years. (I have a 98 Patriot Ticonderoga still using since year 2000)

As for the screen door, ours has a roller type of screen door mounted right at the left door edge as you enter the coach. Maybe you have one of these and have not discovered it but anyway it is worth looking to see.

Larry
Larry Fritz