Author Topic: SMC Levelrs  (Read 23866 times)

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: SMC Levelrs
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »
There is a Warning label next to my leveler control panel "Be sure the slideout is OPEN before operating levelers!"  I was told by a technician who built the slides at the Beaver factory, to always open the slides before leveling, and to close the slides after air is up and levelers are retracted.  He said the slides are adjusted at the factory at full air ride height, with levelers retracted.  The slides are designed to operate in that condition only.  If the slides are operated in any other configuration, you risk damage to the mechanism. That is my input for what it is worth.

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: SMC Levelrs
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Your input is worth a lot, Larry.  As I posted in this thread in January, we were taught slides out first and in last;  that apparently has been Beaver and Monaco's philosophy over many years of coach production, but not all owners of used coaches are aware of it.  You proffer a good reason for following the routine.

The only time we may break rank with the principle is in the middle of the night during a winter gale on the coast, when a slide or two is brought in to limit topper exposure and damage risk.  I don't usually stop to air to ride height first, esp. if I have to start the engine during quiet time to get pressure because it was low for some reason.  But that is a very rare occurence.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat