Author Topic: Ignition Switch  (Read 2883 times)

Edward Buker

Ignition Switch
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
I have been living with a dead spot in my ignition switch for awhile and it was on my list of things to fix. The crank position contact is fine but when I release the key from cranking it can settle on a conductive spot on the ignition on contact or not.....probably worn. A slight key tweak right or left will make it work but it is time to get rid of the issue.

I think it is a GM switch, does anyone have a number for what was used in our vintage Beaver coaches? I did a forum search and did not come up with anything...

Thanks Ed

Gerald Farris

Re: Ignition Switch
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:52:25 AM »
Ed,
Your ignition switch interchanges with a Chevrolet pickup. I think that the year model was from the late 70s through the mid 80s, but I am not sure about the exact years.

Gerald  

Edward Buker

Re: Ignition Switch
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:48:54 AM »
Thanks Gerald, I will pull mine and take it in with me to compare. As always thanks for the expert advice.

I spent a good portion of the day in my front wheel wells changing out my front hydraulic jack up sensor/switches. One had failed and would tell me the jacks were up when they are not. Funny they used a normally on switch that goes to off when depressed by the hydraulic ram foot....strange. If they were normally open you would get never get a false all up indicator when one failed and you would know something is wrong.

Pretty tight sitting in that wheel well behind the tire....if I get a wrench in my hand and start getting dirty, I usually have a passing thought when I wrap my knuckles, as to how you might have avoided that fate....

Later Ed