Author Topic: Shower door for a  2006 BEAVER MARQUIS  (Read 10437 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Shower door for a  2006 BEAVER MARQUIS
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »
Need a shower door for 2006 Beaver Marquis. It shattered into a million pieces while sitting still under shed. Anyone have any idea where i can purchase one. The mfg told me they did not have any doors avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:40:15 PM by 5 »
2006 Marquis

Gary Winzenburger

Re: Shower door for a  2006 BEAVER MARQUIS
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 02:39:47 AM »
Bobby,
You might try Visone RV (606) 843-9889. They carry used RV and truck parts in Kentucky. They have a web site showing what they have to offer.
Good Luck,
Gary

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:19:45 AM »
Bobby,

You may try to go the salvage route. There should be some coaches out there that have been damaged or aged being parted out. If BCS could roughly tell you the years and models that used that door it would be a start.

Later Ed

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:06 AM »
I've had glass shops replace shattered shower doors in my apartments. Can't think of any reason why they couldn't do an RV door.  

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:56:29 AM »
Bobby,
You said that the manufacturer did not have a shower door. Are you referring to Monaco, or the shower enclosure manufacturer? If your shower has the curved sliding glass door made by Cesana (Cesana Circle Series), it should be available from one of the Cesana distributors, or you can try BCS (Beaver Coach Sales).

Gerald

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Thanks for the help on shower door for 2006 Marquis. I have only been able to locate 1 door. It is at BCS in Bend. Price is 2750.00 plus freight. So some advice take care of your shower door. No one has ever herd of a door exploding while coach was parked in its shed.
2006 Marquis

Edward Buker

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 06:19:26 AM »
I do not know if this is possible but at that price I would consider going to a plexiglass place and discuss if a panel could be formed to fit the frame. It would not be as scratch resistant but it also would never break.

As far as an exploding piece of safety glass it is probably not a matter of care. When it is made it has stress built into it or a defect. I had one sheet of glass from a thermal pane panel of safety glass in a large slider explode and it was inside the house between the living room and a closed in Florida room with nobody home. The glass guys have seen this a number of times and it is luck of the draw, some amount of safety glass panels do this.

Later Ed

Carol Moffett

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:27 AM »
After driving our (then) new to us Beaver Patriot home to Washington State from Texas, we parked it on the street in front of the house.  Two days later we had a severly cracked windshield and a shatered shower door.  No rhyme nor reason for it.  The shower door exploded so forcefully that you could see where the glass pieces hit the woodwork across the room and there was glass clear into the bedroom and kitchen.  Never could figure it out and never could replace the door.  They do not make it any more.  I`m glad to see that you found a replacement for yours, even tho it costs a small fortune!
 :)
Carol Moffett (better half of Keith)
Totally Gorgeous, 45ft 2007 Patriot Thunder "ZOLA"
CAT C-13
2006 Ford Explorer Ltd, as toad
  :^3=~

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
Thanks for all your input. I am going to contact a glass co. that I have done business with and see if they can go the plexaglass route. Thanks again for all your input.
2006 Marquis

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
In addition to what Carol sid I would like to point out that I did finaly find a possible lead on tha shower door for our 98 Pat.   Call glass solutions in Eugene, they told me they had sources that might help.  You might give them a try.

Keith Moffett
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Oliver

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »
I had to replace 4 complex curved pieces of Plexiglass on my boat, due to fading and breakage.  When I went to a glass store, they took on the challenge, and with heat, were able to exactly duplicate the shapes, for a low price.  If you can't find it in glass, for less than a king's ransom, that might be your best option.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »
Side stress is obviously what causes glass shattering like that.  A mismounted windshield on a coach that's parked with much twist in the chassis and cap from airbag pressure loss at one rear corner or otherwise, will start slowly cracking from an edge.  Flat glass elsewhere that's not properly floated in a frame may give suddenly under stress.  My guess is that if the glass didn't fit the shower frame quite perfectly, it might have survived quite awhile before an edge started to give, or its center was forced to bow.  All it took was a temperature change to finally set it off, which could have happened in storage.  The glass may have reached a critical brittleness point at lowering ambient temperatures, at which it could no longer resist the stress.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat