Author Topic: Aladdin Tank Monitor  (Read 7580 times)

Allen Hughes

Aladdin Tank Monitor
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
We have a 2006 Patriot Thunder with the Aladdin monitoring system.  System has been working fine until this past week.  The black tank monitor indicates 0% at all times no matter the amount of affluent.  Any suggested remedies would be appreciated. Thanks!

Allen Hughes

Bill Sprague

Re: Aladdin Tank Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
You can attempt a reboot and a re-calibration.  But, it may be a sensor failure.  It can also be a connector failure.  The wires use the same connectors that telephones use.  If they get wet, corrosion follows.

As far as I know, sensors are no longer made.  There is a company, See-Level, that makes a product to measure the level differently and it is advertized to plug into the Aladdin system.

In practice you can do without.  The tank is 60 gallons.  For us, draining every two weeks seems to work fine.  I've also learned that there is a slight change in the sound when flushing if the tank is almost full.  When I hear it, I know I forgot my two week cycle.

Dean Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »
I have the same problem in our 2005 Monterey, the black tank never shows that it's empty after draining and the grey tank shows 0 all the time, no matter how ;long we have been using it. I spoke with Beaver Coach Sales & Service on Friday and they do have these sensors or can order them. I need to replace mine too.
Dean & Anita
2014 Entegra Anthem
2005 Monterey Cat C-9
1993 Bounder (1st coach!)
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
Past Region 1 Vice President

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:48:19 AM »
I have had the same issue after the tank has sat dry. If you have enough liquid in it, maybe 1/2 full of clean water and do a wash and dry cycle, with a good laundry load, I found that has created enough vibration to break loose and start my black water sensor working again. It seemed to work well after that.

Later Ed

Allen Hughes

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
Thanks to all for your responses.  We have been sitting the past month in Arizona and will be departing on the 20th so will try the clean and wash routine before replacing the sensor.

Allen

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »
You will never get your Aladdin system to work consistently, and it will eventually stop working.  Spend the money for a new see level monitor and end your monitor troubles forever.

http://www.rvgauge.com

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
I must be one very lucky dude. We did have to replace our tank interface module right after we bought the coach in 2009. Since then our Aladdin has worked great. I know when it finally does go out parts are near impossible to find. The tank interface module went out because water from the rear tires was getting blown into the tank bay through a hole for a plumbing pipe. Beaver Coach Sales sealed the hole up for us and we have had no more issues.  
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
On our '06, the Aladdin system is still hitting on all cylinders, but as others have stated when she does bite the bullet, have to move on to the new and improved technology, now that's a real laugh.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:00:56 PM by 14 »

George Harwell

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »

03 Monterey still working normally. Have 3 spare sensors just in case. I use my rig all year long so keep the tanks cleaned out.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:31:57 AM »
Allen, there are two Aladdin documents on the club's Coach Assist page, if you need reference.  If you opt to try it, there are recalibration instructions in the manual there.

But as Ed indicated, there's a good chance some debris fouled the sensor so it can't sense the weight of liquid above it.  Sloshing detergent around on the road with 10-20 gallons in the tank may free it up.  If you have a spray rinse system installed in the tank, use it after each black dump if possible to flush such debris out.

Joel
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:43:29 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:05 AM »
You might also put a couple of cups of water softener in a full clean tank and let it sit over night.  It sure helped clean mine out.