Author Topic: Silverleaf  (Read 4345 times)

Jim Shaw

Silverleaf
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »
I had a lighting strike on my 2003 Monterey that damaged my Adalin. The repair shop suggested replacing it with the Silverleaf since there are no parts available for the Adalin. Has anyone done this and if so are you happy with it? I understand the tank readings are better since they do not use an in tank sensor.

Jim Shaw

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Silverleaf
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »
When I purchased my coach in August 2012 it had both the Aladdin and Silverleaf.  It appears the Aladdin is original to the coach and the Silverleaf is a later addition.  The Silverleaf has several more options, such as remote generator control.  The tank sensors are from the Aladdin but the readouts have been moved away from the Aladdin screen to the Silverleaf screen.  This was done with a black box interface, a TM-102.  Most of the other Aladdin functions are found on either or both screens, like the cameras.  I like the two screens.  When traveling on the road I use the Aladdin screen for reporting engine, transmission, temperatures, speed, and cruise control information, and the Silverleaf screen for keeping an eye on my toad with the rear camera.  I could do the same the other way around, that is, watch the toad on the Aladdin and watch the engine, transmission, etc., on the Silverleaf.

I would recommend if the Aladdin is completely dead, then completely switch over to the Silverleaf.  But you may have some functions of the Aladdin still operable and therefore be able to have both with many functions remaining operable on both.  For example, my tank sensors are Aladdin but report only on the Silverleaf screen.  That would likely save some money; if your sensors are operable, then leave them there and interface them into the Silverleaf.  Lastly, the Silverleaf screen is MUCH better than the Aladdin screen... generations of technology better with great graphics, colors, etc.

Check all the fuses before accepting that the Aladdin is dead.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »
If you have't filed an insurance claim you might consider doing so.  Since the Silverleaf is the only thing that can be used for a replacement...you might get lucky.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:10 AM »
If you haven't tried a reset of the Aladdin, try that.  Mine looked like it was dead after an electrical problem and all it needed was a reset.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
Ours looked dead too and the connectors over the driver's side had let loose.  Had BCS install screw on connectors rather than the push on kind
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis