Author Topic: Air filter Number  (Read 6312 times)

Michael Marcocchio

Air filter Number
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:26:48 AM »
Hello I have a 2005 C13 in a Beaver Patroit Thunder and was thinking about changing to a C15 air filter to increase my CFM's out of a same year Marquis.I would like to do some reseach if anyone has the air filter number I would love to have it Thankyou in advance.                                                  

Lee Welbanks

Re: Air filter Number
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:35 PM »
Filter for our 06 Patriot Thunder C13 is Donaldson # P537448 which flows 1200cfm, ports are 7" can is 11" in Dia and 24" long.
A Donaldson P537449 flows 1500 cfm, ports are 7" can is 13" Dia and 24" long. This filter will fit in the same spot would have to lengthen out the mounting straps a few inches. I have thought about doing this but as usual other things get in the way.
Not sure if this would really make any difference unless you were running wide open where the extra flow would come in. Try it out and report if it made any difference.

Jeff Watt

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
Lee,

Thanks for the info. I too have been thinking of doing the change - may try it next time a filter is changed as I just put a new one in. Mine never seem to last too long (as mentioned previously on this forum), getting only 6k miles or so. There is room for the filter in my coach (effectively the same as yours). I'd be more interested to know if the pipe down from the outside intake can be enlarged. (I believe Jim Nicholes did an extensive modification).

Michael,

that may fit, but in your coach if I remember the filter goes parallel with the coach and with the extra plumbing you have for the additional air intake it may be pretty tight, but then again you are master mechanic so I'm sure you can make it fit.

Jeff

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
The filter can is mounted across the top of the rear compartment, because the radius of the filter can is larger the top mount would have to be modified, opened up to fit the new filter. The air intake duct comes down the inside of the left side, the only restriction I see that might effect ain flow is the grill on the outside at the top. Thing is the larger filter has the same size intake and out as the 1200 cfm model it just has more area.

Michael Marcocchio

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
Hello thankyou for your replies I have just changed my air filter and have to wait to see if I have the room as my filter follows the same length as the engine and not long the back but along the side. Also Jeff I have two intake ports one high on the driver side and one lower on the right side which both connects to a corrector box attached to the front intake port on the air cleaner.  Cat and Monaco made those mod on warranty when coach was new trying to improve performance.I have pictures of those mods if anyone is interested. Thanks again for your helpful replies.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
Micheal, The pic's would be interesting, I guess for o6 they decided across the back was a better idea. There is alot of room in the engine compartment on mine, the intake comes down alongside the driverside with a section of 7" flex duct making a 90 into the air filter, is actually about the easiest thing on this coach to service.
Just did the service on the Aqua Hot today and its a b**** to get at, well easy after you get the SS sheetmetal box out of the way.