Author Topic: RVA Jacks  (Read 4468 times)

Carl Marchant

RVA Jacks
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
I have 1998 Patroit and in service bay is a reservoir that has Dexron 2 stamped on it, what is this? Jacks are beeping and trying to check fluid level. I assume slide and jacks operate on same. There is a tank to the left of battery compartment and this I assume is the one I need to check? Please advise because I am assuming too much, and want to be sure.
Thanks in advance.

Edward Buker

Re: RVA Jacks
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »
Carl,

Not sure if you have a manual for the coach but if you do the reservoir and their functions should be in there. The large reservoir to the left of the batteries is usually the hydraulic fluid for the power steering and fan motor if you have a side radiator. The jacks and slides usually use a separate reservoir that are smaller and may in some cases be separate. They have various locations by year and model. Best I can do...

Later Ed

Joel Weiss

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »
If you have an RVA jack system the reservoir is integrated with the pump assembly.  On mine the entire package forms a cylindrical assembly >2 feet long.  The reservoir on the bottom with the manifold and valves on the top.  Mine is located immediately behind the battery bay.   The reservoir in the rear bay is for the power steering and engine fan.

Adding fluid to the RVA reservoir is a "challenge"  ;D  I've successfully used a pump powered by my drill to get fluid into it.  Getting it filled any other way is difficult.

If your coach is like mine and the assembly is in the same location, I suggest that the best access to it is to remove the paper towel dispenser in the rear right bay.  Also, some access can be had by bending the rear wall of the battery bay enclosure.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
Hi Carl
We had a 98 Pat.  The reservoir you mention was just for the power steering in ours.  We had the rear radiator.
Take a small flashlight.  Open the battery compartment.  Just inside the opening and on the right side wall, look for a gap.  With the light you might see the reservoir for the jacks, if not try looking rearward from the passanger rear wheel well.  It should be right there.  It will look like a pump and cylinder with a ling neck on top and a one inch plastic hex cap all likely in black.
Clean the debris from the cap, remove cap and add fluid.  Dont over fill, just add until the ding alarm stops.  All jacks go up fully and then lower just one jack 6 inches.  Then add fluid.

PS
I had an oldfashioned pump oil can with a flexable tube on it.  Pull the trigger and it pumps.  It was perfect for adding a few ounces to this tough spot.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »
You lower one jack about 8 inches and pour in dexron till the light goes out. One person gets dirty under the coach and one watches the warning light with their beverage of choice.

Normally if you lose fluid you have a seal leak in your system. Ours was the slide two way cylinder. It is fixable by a seal kit.