Author Topic: Winegard SK 1000 Trav'ler  (Read 2908 times)

Lee Welbanks

Winegard SK 1000 Trav'ler
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:42:29 AM »
Finally got tired of the Winegard Dome having to change satellites, can't watch different channels if they are on different satellites, loosing signal due to weather, fog a couple of tree leaves. Ordered and received a Winegard SK-1000 Trav'ler and installed it today. Went pretty much as planned, cleaned up all the old cable installed new ends. Scraped all the old sealant off the roof. Hardest part was getting the power and brain cable through the roof and into the compartment where the rest of the rats nest was, had to actually drill and new hole.
They (Winegard) could make it much easier if the cable didn't have to plug end installed. They could make the six pin plug so you could put it together on site.
Reprogrammed the Dish boxes and this thing works like the one on the house, watch any channel we want, could run three boxes if I wanted to do such a thing. Once this thing has found the three satellites it can be turned off, not power draw.

Jeremy Parrett

Re: Winegard SK 1000 Trav'ler
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Good job.i have to replace my Shaw Direct Wingard dish and will switch to same SK1000 and Dish network. Same cabling,same footprint,so relatively easy swap.
Shaw has new satellite up in Jan this year and other 2will be replaced next year so no more Canadian sat south of Can/Us border nor in Mexico either.