Author Topic: SeaLand Toilet-need help on replacing seals  (Read 4119 times)

charlie drake

SeaLand Toilet-need help on replacing seals
« on: March 11, 2014, 02:58:23 AM »
Hi beaver owners
Is there a video on to replace the seals on Dometic Sealand toilet?? Or someone explain how to do it?
2006 beaver Monterey ... Thanks. Charlie Drake :-/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:10:53 PM by 5 »

Lee Welbanks

Re: SeaLand Toilet-need help on replacing seals
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:33:47 AM »
Need to know what model of Dometic Sealand toilet you have. Pull the back lid off and it should have the model # on a sticker. The ball and seat need to be changed at the same time. Get the model number and then go to the Dometic/Sealand site and download the complete manual for your toilet.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 04:24:04 AM »
The packaging that contains the replacement seal has very complete and well written instructions for removal of the old seal and installation of the new.

Be Brave!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:48:45 AM by 14 »

Bob Jae

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
I have a Sealand 510+ model.  The dealer sold me the seal with the overflow hole in it.  I do not believe I have an overflow.  Some say this is a universal seal.  My question is can I use this seal which is part number 385316140 or do I need to order the one with no overflow hole 385311462.  My concern is that it may leak but I do not think any liquid will get to the hole.

Any one with personal experience?

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:29:53 PM »
My memory of the seal is that it is universal. If you have an overflow hole around the ceramic or plastic parts that face each other you have to have the hole. If there is no hole then having a hole in the seal will play no part in sealing the ball. The hole is within the flange face area that serves no function in sealing the ball. There is more than enough flange area surrounding the hole in the seal to seal the flange face.

Later Ed

Bob Jae

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
Thanks Ed let the fun begin.