Author Topic: roof cleaning  (Read 16594 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Re: roof cleaning
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »
Finished my roof off with Rustoleum, one coat of primer and three coats of marine deck white high gloss. Yes the prep did take all day ++, but the time was worth it. The total project time was 5 days due to 24 hr drying time between coats. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now if other things would just quit needing attention , I would be a happy camper.
     5 days until our 3 month trek begins. We will see some of you in Bend or perhaps Redmond.

Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Tom Nathan

• BAC Member
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
Ed
Will take the pics. As a side note we all originally heard of the product thru the school districts who are now applying to all bus roofs to help keep temps down inside.
Tom Nathan<br />2006 Monterey Cat C9-400/ 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 24ft Haulmark Transporter Trailer

Edward Buker

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 12:21:08 AM »
Tom,

That bus case I understand. Many of the school bus roofs were traditionally painted black or yellow and had no insulation or attic space like our ceiling areas have. That bus is basically a metal oven. While sitting in the sun it would radiate the metal roof heat inside in a dramatic fashion. Making the roof a white more reflective surface would be a significant change. Our RV case is a white gel coated roof with an insulated attic space. I think any thin film material, either bus kote or deck paint would do little more than add a small amount of reflective improvement.

Later Ed