Author Topic: Hydro Hot Challenged  (Read 35967 times)

Les Brandt

Re: Hydro Hot Challenged
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »
Update:

I got got the mixing valve on the rear of my Hydro Hot unit to move full cycle freely from #I thru #4. As I was reading through an article on troubleshooting Roger Bourke sent me, I read the part about the stir pump. On opening up the front of my unit, as before, I never saw stir pump and assumed my unit didn't come with one.
Having been to a shop that has a certified Aqua Hot technician who diagnosed my unit last year, and supposedly said they got it fixed, however I still never had continuous hot water. Today, I'm thinking someone removed it. I'm surprised the shop I took it to didn't tell me someone removed it and put plugs in and cut the wires. How can I possibly have had continuous hot water ever without a stir pump. Not possible is it?

Roger Bourke tells me that the HHE 500-4M didn't come with the stir pump but decided it needed to be modified.
Bob Jae was kind enough to sell me one off his old unit. Hopefully this will solve my hot water running out issue.

I'll post updates once I get it installed.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2015, 09:52:29 PM »
Hi Les,

Do you happen to have a picture of where the stir pump is supposed to be on your aqua hot. Mine looks exactly like yours...I just replaced the electric relay on mine as the original one had burnt wires and burnt up relay.

Mine heats up fine and continues to keep the water hot....knock on wood.......
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Les Brandt

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2015, 04:52:03 AM »
Hi LaMonte,

Here is a picture of the Stir pump position on our Hydro Hot system. It's not the exact model, however, this picture shows the position courtesy of Roger Bourkes Aqua Hot site.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
thanks Les, I'll have to check mine out.....not too close though as it seems to be fine at the moment!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl