Author Topic: Bose Radio System  (Read 5409 times)

Bud n Marjie Garrett

• BAC Member
Bose Radio System
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »
We have a 2000 Beaver Patriot Concord 33. There is no sounds coming from the speakers. Last time we were out with the Coach the speaker would start to make noise and then clear up. Were getting ready to take a trip and Iwas trying to hook up XM but no speakers at all. Any help would be appretiated. Bud N Marje Garrett Fullerton Ca.

Gerald Farris

Re: Bose Radio System
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Bud,
Most likely you blew a fuse in the Bose amplifier. You have to take the top off of it and you will see a 2 amp glass buss fuse that fails. If the fuse is good and you have the stereo switch turned on, the Bose amplifier probably failed.

Gerald    

Steve Proctor

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:34:52 AM »
Question for Gerald on almost the same topic. Am I missing something or does the in dash radio require me to have the inverter on to listen to it. I have the Bose system and the only time I can listen to the radio is if the amp is turned on and and the inverter is on. Seems like a lot of trouble to just listen to the radio.
Suggestions??

Steve

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:15:33 AM »
Steve,
On most of the SMC era Beavers, there was no speaker for the dash radio. However, the dash radio was wired into the Bose system to use it as a speaker system, therefore since the Bose system is powered by 120 volt AC current, the inverter must be on to listen to the dash radio while driving. To change this situation, all that you have to do is wire an 8 ohm automotive speaker to your dash radio, and it will be just like your car, no inverter needed.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:37:14 AM by 282 »

Steve Proctor

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »
Gerald,
That's kinda what I was thinking but when it comes to things "electrical" I let those that have a clue do it and I just watch. The need to have everything turned on sounds like someones better way to build a "mouse trap" that didn't really go to well. In my old Bounder most everything ran on 12V and I was a happy guy.
Thanks for the advice.
Steve