Author Topic: Power Gear Valid leveling system power  (Read 5608 times)

Ron Langdon

Power Gear Valid leveling system power
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:37:59 AM »
After a very successful  rally in Walla Walla, I started the engine and was greeted with an alternating beeping sound from the leveling system. Only the "park" and "on" lights were lit on the display. After about 10 seconds both lights shut off and the system turned itself off. I pushed the power button and got the same results-- beeping, flashing of lights and shut down.
I know there are system codes, but to read them, the power has to be on, which it wasn't. After a number of calls made to friends of Bill Sprague who were most generous in the eagerness to support, we circumvented the system by emptying the air bags and refilling them ( presummably to ride height). I drove the coach for about 10 miles with the beeping sound cycling on and off every once in awhile with the full display lit as usual. It looked like a short. After the 10 miles the beeping stopped and lights went off. Based onwhat I have read, the system defaults to travel mode so driving does not harm the coach. But when parking we still need to level.
I have read through Power Gear manual on line.  But since I still have no power to the control panel, I can't read any fault codes. And again without power I can't reset the system. With Bill's help, we checked fuses and they appeared okay. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get power back to the panel?

Jeff Watt

Re: Power Gear Valid leveling system power
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
Ron,

I won't be much help but I thought  i would mention that i had to replace my control panel last fall - it would not enter the auto level mode.

The customer service guy (Dan North) at Valid manufacturing was very helpful and maybe able to help.

DanN@validmanufacturing.com

As Tuesday is a national holiday in canada, many firms are closed tomorrow to make a long weekend. Nevertheless I'd give them a call and maybe someone will be there. I suspect you are in the same timezone as Salmon Arm, BC were Valid has its headquarters.

I will email you the serivce manual for the valid systm

Jeff

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:06:27 AM by 6566 »