Author Topic: glendenning 50 amp cord reel  (Read 2807 times)

Jerry Hixon

glendenning 50 amp cord reel
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »
I was putting my cord out and when it reached the end of the cord, sparks and smoke flew . Has anyone accessed this? I think access must be from the floor inside the closet.  Thaks Jerry

LEAH DRAPER

Re: glendenning 50 amp cord reel
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:42:33 PM »
Jerry
Haven't had your exact problem, but I did have a problem with the electric cord that runs the reeler, it got caught up in the cord rolling up and did a number on the switch (momentary single pole) Had hard time finding right switch, finally located at BCS.  It appears that when cage for winder was installed that someone just tapped the excess wires to something with electrical tape.  Needless to say that gave way at some point and thus my issue.  Was finally able get the excess cabling tied up and using a screw tie screwed it to a piece of wood in the cabinet.  

I know this doesn't address your problem, but tho't a heads up on the excess cable might be helpful.

I sure couldn't see how to get the winder in it's frame out either.  Ended up working all thru the small hole in the door.  Maybe BCS in Bend can tell you how to get at it.

Leah

Gerald Farris

Re: glendenning 50 amp cord reel
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »
Jerry,
There should be a removable panel in the floor of the closet directly above the cord reel.

Gerald