Author Topic: My New Inverter Install  (Read 11596 times)

Gary Wolfer

Re: My New Inverter Install
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 12:56:49 AM »
Yeah joel Thats what I get for buying a coach from New Mexico. I am taking a vacation I live on the Alsea at Taylors Landing. I can take a breather and sit on the dock when I get overwhelmed but with annual rainfall of 122" in the winter I have my work cut out for me. I been under tarps since I got back from Arizona in February. This coach started at Destinations RV in Coburg and has made full circle to finish its life here with me.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 01:13:18 AM »
Quote from: Joel Ashley
Cheez, Gary.  I think you, Larry and Laura Dedrick, and Jerry Emert are all gonna need a vacation soon!   8)

-Joel

Great idea Joel!  21 months until 2nd retirement.  I'm having a break right now.  The Beaver is in the shop getting stuff fixed that the dealer had promised.  They are redoing the roof seal and a complete LOF change including changing over to ELF in cooling system.  So this is my vacation.  When I get it back I have to figure out how to get the slides to stop leaking.  

Gary I'm glad you are over the inverter, mine drove me nuts!

Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »
Ah, good old Taylor's.  My 2 buddies and I used to get up at 3am and haul our 12ft boat and motor there from Clackamas after salmon in the early 1970's.  Never caught more than sculpin, but watched hogs haul guys down the creek for hours-long battles.  We wondered if we'd have the stamina to withstand one of those 50-60 lb freight trains if we actually ever snagged one.  Regardless, we were darned tired by the time we got home!

I envy your location, Gary, and hope you've had time to do more than work on the coach.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »
Joel My son is here in our old Safari and we went crabbing two days last week limited both days so that is 48 crabs cleaned and picked that is 12# of meat for next winters crab chowder and we are going raking clams for the next 3 days because the tides are minus. We should limit out as well.

Edward Buker

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
Gary,

The phone extension wire should work fine given they always maintain the same wire orientation in the plugs. Look for one with good gold colored contacts and quality plugs. Try and buy one that is not much longer than you need. Glad you are good to go.

Later Ed

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:15 AM »
ED I bought a phone cable at radio shack it was 6' and a connection box for one to one connection. I plugged it in to test it but have some reading to do to find out if it is working or not then I will cut all the existing wire ties and pull the slack into the battery box and reroute the end. Thanks