Author Topic: Front window curtins  (Read 7300 times)

David Fischer

Front window curtins
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:00:15 AM »
My coach is a 1997 Marquis and the front curtains are shot.  I am having a problem when looking for them on the internet, determining what type I need.  Mine run on a track and the curtain is attached with a snap to the track.  Does anyone know where I can go to get my type of curtain?

Joel Weiss

Re: Front window curtins
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:18:34 AM »
I think the track is basically a Recmar product or something similar.  Recmar is a major curtain hardware brand in the marine business.  We've purchased Recmar hardware to make draperies to replace the shades in the bedroom.  If you want to have someone make you new curtains with the appropriate snap hardware, I think you can get it at a place like this one:  http://www.curtain-tracks.com/hardware

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:31 AM »
David,

You might check with Mike (Parts) at Beaver Coach Sales.   Seems to me he said that they work with the company who made the originals.  Don't know who that is or how much they'd charge but it might be worth a shot if you can't find them elsewhere.
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »
David,
You can also call RV Outfitters in Bend Oregon (across the street from BCS). They have replaced many sets of windshield drapes. I believe that the drapes will have to be custom made, but they work closely with Elaine (the seamstress who probably made your original drapes), and she may even have the fabric to match your original drapes.

Gerald

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:58:18 AM »
My wife is thinking of making replacement curtains herself.  She used much lighter blackout fabric in the bedroom for the curtains we installed to replace the shades and are thinking of using something similar in front.  The fabric has pretty good thermal properties and is nearly 100% blackout effective.  The advantage is that it's physically far lighter and less bulky.

We're not sure we're going to get to that this winter, however; we're carrying back from Canada lace for making curtains for the living area to replace the blinds.  It will definitely be an unusual window treatment for a MH but it will go well with 100 yr old crystal lamp we travel with on the side table!  ;D