Author Topic: dash air conditioner passenger side not working  (Read 8560 times)

Michael Carbonaro

dash air conditioner passenger side not working
« on: July 28, 2014, 06:23:19 PM »
Hello Everyone Mike Here (Again)

Attempting to fix dash air conditioner passenger side not working drivers side ok but air  only comes out of one vent on far left side of driver right, center and pass. side nothing. Now with that said I turned on pass side and still nothing, now the fan on the drivers left side is working so before I go nuts trying to fix is there a separate fan for that section of the vent system and it is not working or dose the pass side control all of that and do I need to track the power supply and see if that is my problem.

And as always any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike  

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: dash air conditioner passenger side not working
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
Mike,

What coach do,you have?

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:53:58 PM »
Hey Tom Thank You for the response,

I guess that would help.

2000 40' Beaver marquis Jasper c12

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:00:57 PM »
Mike,
I hope you have checked the hoses to the vent on the passenger side.  It is not unusual for these hoses to vibrate off or not ever have been connected.  That was the case in our motorhome.  We were lucky and found this out while still under warranty.  I have had to reconnect the hoses to the lower vent on the driver's side as it either vibrated off or my big feet knocked it off.  Very hard to get feet in their but knowing how clumsy I am, could have happened.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:38 PM »
Ok Roy Thank You,

That will be the first thing on my list to check.

Ok anyone else with some ideas. I am going to get all Ideas and check 1 by 1 so please keep them coming when I start working on it I would like to finish it with it working do not want to keep coming back to drawing board if possible.

Thanks
MIke

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:12:28 PM »
Mike, check and make sure both fans are blowing also just above your feet on the front wall.  I suspect one maybe bad.

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 07:18:07 PM »
Ok Tom,
I will check and add that to my list.

But part of the problem is the pass side has controls of there own and I do not think they are operating at all or correctly any thoughts on that.

Thanks
Mike

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »
In my coach the driver has the ability to control the passenger side by pressing a button.  I don't remember which, IN or OUT...  but the button one way puts the driver's side in control of the passenger side, while the button the other way puts the passenger's side in control on the passenger side, or vise-versa.  Soooo... the driver can override the passenger controls, or leave the passenger to set his/her own controls.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Hey Dave and Thank you for your input,

Ok that tells me that pass dash air is not working at all meaning that there is no power going to any controls or fan because it dose not matter weather driver controls or pass there is no fan action.

do you or anyone else know where to start looking for power supply for dash air.

Thanks
Mike

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »
Mike, on mine when the PASS is depressed it turns on the controls for the passenger side.  If not they do not work, nor can I control the passenger side from the drivers side.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
I have a bad fan behind the driver's dash-air controls.  The fan runs, but makes a lot of noise when started, then quiets down after a few miles.  I am making a list of repairs that need done... thinking I will be making a trip to either Bend or Portland in the next month or two.  I am thinking about going by River City RV Repair in Sandy, Oregon since it's close to where my kids and grandkids live on the Eastside of Portland...  unless someone gives a bad review on River City RV Repair.?.?.?  I am not so good at doing these repairs.  The problem is not the complexity; the problem is I have little patience for mechanical-type work.  I particularly concur with someone's comment on design engineers not being required to work on their own designs.  That should be mandatory for all designers BEFORE they are allowed to get their certificates!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:58:03 PM by 9124 »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »
Yes Tom,

That is why I think there is a problem with power to pass side button on my controls and the pass side controls as well it dose not mater what button is on or the controls on pas side nothing is happening.

When I put ac on and max light and pass light is lit nothing comes out of drivers right vent, center vent or any of the pass side vents along with that none of the controls on pass side responded to any position I put them in.

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »
Mike,

Okay, check the fan for current coming to it, if no power head toward the control unit.  

If you have power at the fan replace the fan motor.  Should be a part available at NAPA.

You could use a test light for this.......

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »
Ok will do, so there is a separate fan motor for the pass side I will check.

Thanks

I will go and check keep you posted.
Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:14 PM »
Mike,
There should be an AC blower circuit breaker on the ignition buss bar in the electrical bay below the drivers seat.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp