Author Topic: Replacing Drivers Control Panel  (Read 3301 times)

Norm Green

• BAC Member
Replacing Drivers Control Panel
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
When I purchased my '08 PT, the phenolic material cover which holds the various controls on the left side of the driver was very worn.  BCS was able to get me a replacement and I am preparing to install it today.  After removing the screws on the existing cover and looking at the back side, it appears to be a relative simple, although time consuming, project.  However, because I will be removing all the components which are held in place by this panel, I thought it best to double check with other owners to ensure that there is not something I need to be extra cautious about or if there is anything I need to do before I start unplugging the connections to various electrical switches, etc.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Gerald Farris

Re: Replacing Drivers Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »
Norm,
As a precaution, I would label the connectors as I unplugged them to be sure that everything goes back just like it came off.

Gerald

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »
Thanks Gerald.  I am not only labeling each wire but I am also taking numerous pictures, just in case.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
Norm,

This also is a good opportunity to lightly tug on each wire in the connector to be sure it is crimped well or connected well. If a spade like connector pulls easier than the others it is also a chance to lightly adjust the spade opening with a pair of pliers to tighten up the connection. Good wiring practices would have you tie wrap the wire bundles and stress relieve them if there is hanging weight on a connector if possible. There are wire wraps with screw eyes that may help here. Most of the wiring places I have visited in my Beaver, that have been concealed, look a bit like a rats nest and needed some work.

Later Ed

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »
Thanks Ed, good advice.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN