Author Topic: CAT Service and Beaver Coach Sales  (Read 4659 times)

Dave Parks

CAT Service and Beaver Coach Sales
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
I took my 2006 Beaver to Beaver Coach Sales of Oregon in Bend for Warranty work just prior to my one year warranty expiring.  They were terrific in addressing my punch list issues, and, they went over the coach finding other items that needed to be repaired.  Wish they were in my home town so I could use them all the time.

Not to be overlooked was CAT dealer nearby to have a valve adjustment done.  Called ahead to Peterson Machinery Co in Redmond OR for an appointment.  I hesitated as I pulled into their large parking lot not knowing where to pull.  The service manager must have been watching for me, came out of the building, addressed me by name, and helped me to back into a service bay.  Was wonderful to have drop cloths put down the inside of the coach to get to the engine compartment through the floor opening in the bedroom.  Service was started immediately and was completed in about an hour.  Don't miss them for great service!

Several months later, I noticed a coolant leak while at Gettysburg National Military Park.  Thinking it might be a loose coolant hose clamp from an earlier fix by Peterson, I called CAT dealer Cleveland Bros in Manada Hill (Harrisburg) PA for service.  They pulled me into a service bay, crawled under the coach to find the problem, then lifted it 5 feet up in the air with 4 radio controlled hydraulic lifts under each wheel.  It was just amazing to see and I asked the office staff take some pictures of my coach up in the air flying!  A water hose to the front heater had been pinched in the manufacture process and was slowly leaking.  It was repaired quickly and I was on my way.  Terrific help and again I had a super experience and a quick fix.  Don't overlook CAT dealers for their service - I have had great service with them.

Dave          
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:03:44 PM by 14 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: CAT Service and Beaver Coach Sales
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
I know I've been very glad they put a CAT in our '06 Monterey.  Too bad CAT is no longer making engines for RVs, but I've yet to have anything other than great service from their service facilities, including the same Peterson's outlet you refer to.  Hard to beat central Oregon for quality coach services of any kind. 8)

-Joel  
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat