Author Topic: 2005 Santiam slide won't retract  (Read 3159 times)

Wayne Tull

2005 Santiam slide won't retract
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »
I'm looking for where the fuses might be located for the slides on a 2005 Santiam.  A fellow Beaver owner's roadside front slide won't retract and there is no voltage at the switch panel (the other slides are working)  Their in Iowa on their way back to Texas.  

Gerald Farris

Re: 2005 Santiam slide won't retract
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:07:16 AM »
Wayne,
Since the Santiam is an Indiana built coach, there are numerous differences between it and the Oregon built units. So unless a Santiam owner chimes in here with the answer, you will probably need to call BCS (Beaver Coach Sales) or Monaco in the morning for the correct answer.

Gerald

Bill Schneider

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Wayne,
I have an 04, but I think they are probably the same. The slide out circuit and relays are located in the battery compartment inside the solar control panel. This box is mounted on the left side of the back wall of the compartment above the batteries. There should be a label on the box indicating that the slide out circuit is inside, but it is just paper and could be missing. I've had to glue mine back in place.
This is a good starting point. You can swap a couple of the relays to see if it is the relay. Either way, this is your starting point for troubleshooting.
Good luck,
Bill

Wayne Tull

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
Thanks for the input.    They had a Tech out from Ketelsen RV today he thinks the motor is bad (drew 40 amp. when he jumped it).  They learned from this trip where their slide relays and slide relay fuses are at as well as how to manually retract the slide.  Also getting out of Iowa before our unseasonably warm weather (70's) changes to the norm.