Author Topic: Aqua Hot heat exchanger fan not working  (Read 6777 times)

John Sinnar

Aqua Hot heat exchanger fan not working
« on: January 07, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
I have one heat exchanger fan that is not getting voltage when the aqua hot is on. Does anyone know where the 12 volts comes from and ideas where to check..............?
thanks,

john sinnar
06 Thundermobile

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Aqua Hot heat exchanger fan not working
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »
Last Summer the furnace fan located on the floor under the dash between the pilot and co-pilot's seats would not push air.  I checked the fan speed toggle switch.  The fan would not operate with the switch on low or hi.  I assumed the fan's motor was kapunked or power to the fan had been lost.  It turned out to be a nylon tie had been dropped on the floor under the dash by either a prior owner or service technician.  The nylon tie had moved, I assume by road vibration, into the squirrel cage fan and totally stopped its rotation.  The fix was easy, but getting into it to discover and remove the nylon tie was a PITA.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:03:56 PM »
John,
You will probably need to check with one of the Aqua Hot techs like Orman, but I think that the fan gets it's power source from the Aqua Hot control board.

Gerald

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:31:54 PM »
John,
Gerald's correct about the 12v source. However, if there is another fan in the heating zone, e.g main living area, and the other fan runs, I'd suspect the problem  is at the specific fan motor, switch, or connections. If there is only one fan in zone that is not operating, it could also be the thermostat.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerald Cate

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:32 PM »
John,
There is an Aqua Hot owners manual in the Members Only Section, Coach Assist Link.  Don't know if it's the same model as yours but it may aid in your troubleshooting.

Bruce