Author Topic: ALADDIN  (Read 5343 times)

charlie drake

ALADDIN
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:19:34 PM »
HI BEAVER OWNERS:
I HAVE A 2006 BEAVER MONTEREY. HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE ALADDIN SYSTEM READOUT -- THE TANKS OF THE GREY WATER, BLACK WATER FRESH WATER AND LP AMOUNT  JUST READ XXXXX AS A RESULT. THE REMAINING NUMBERS BASEMENT TEMP/OUTSIDE TEMP/COMPASS ARE CORRECT.
ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?? how to correct? thanks Charlie Drake  :-/

Rob Perry

Re: ALADDIN
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »

You best move this inquiry over to TEHNICAL SUPPORT before the MOD's do.
I think you'll get more support there.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »
Charlie-

If you click on "Search"at the top of this page and then type "aladdin" into the Search box, you will discover several discussions of your issue that have run since 2008.  Be sure when you search that you choose "30 days and older " in the Thread Age Preference box.  You don't need to put anything in the "Filter by Username" box, but probably should choose "Technical support" under "Board Search".

Here is a quote from Paul Schwalen posted last July that may give you a quick fix:
"I have been using the Alladin for 2+ years now and have experienced the same thing.  I finally figured out that if I turn the Alladin on before the 8 seconds shutdown has completed (when you shut the engine down) that sometimes this xxxx business happens.  To solve the issue I turn the Alladin off at the push button on the display then turn it back on and it usually is OK.  (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries)  Also, I try not to turn the Alladin on before the 8 second shutdown and wait for the shutdown and then turn it back on if needed."  

-Joel
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:12:06 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »
On my '04 Monterey there is a "reboot" button in the cabinent above the driver's side window.  Try that.  I have the Aladdin manual.  If you don't have it, let me know and I will look up what it says.  When my coach was about 4 years old, all the fluid sensors failed.  I bought new ones at a Monaco rally but I don't know where you would get them now.  

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »
I have seen this also on my 06 Thunder, if I shut down it will reboot the system and reset at the same time so if your running trip stats they will remain.

I am not sure why I get the problem, I have seen this while just running down the road.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:55:23 PM by 14 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joe Ford

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »
Thanks Bill. I was having a problem getting my Aladdin system to power on at all. I was totally befuddled since it had been working fine and out of the blue we couldn't get it to come on. Read your post about the "Reboot Switch" and sure enough after depressing the switch Aladdin came on and is workinf fine. BTW our reboot switch is labeled ceiling light.