Author Topic: Backup camera  (Read 6582 times)

George Harwell

Backup camera
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
My rear camera finally died. Appears SONY camera are in short supply. Anyone dealt with this and any recommendations will be appreciated. THANKS!

Gerald Farris

Re: Backup camera
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
George,
When my back-up camera died a few months ago, I replaced it with one from Amazon for about $30. Info here; http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,4047.msg31692.html#msg31692

Gerald
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:16:26 AM by Gerald Farris »
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

George Harwell

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:34:46 PM »
Thanks Gerald, just the info I needed. Knew there had to be something that would be better than the old Sony. The next project will be replacing the monitor. Thanks again and have a great day.

Sam Smith

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 04:11:18 AM »
We just bought a 2000 marquis Amythest and have to change out the camera and monitor (alpine).  Problem is I do not have the access panel in the back closet like everyone else.  There is a 12 vdc breaker panel and a 240 vac breaker panel directly in front of the camera.  Do I have to remove the a/c breaker panel and maybe remove the main feeds, next door to it, as well?   Also, how can I remove that access panel on top of the dash above the instrument cluster?  We can not go anywhere until we can get this fixed.   That and the rear b/r slide is all that is left to hit the road full time. 
Sam and karyn
Florida

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:24:33 AM »
In my coach the removable dash panel in front of the steering wheel is held in with Velcro.  I use a table knife (no sharp edges) to fit into the narrow slit and gently pry it up.  As to your rear camera, perhaps someone with a similar coach has the answers.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 05:42:18 AM »
Stan,
There's got to be an access panel to the camera. Try calling Bend Service. Ken C. or someone there should be able to help.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »
In my 99 Marquis, the access to,the camera is from the left set of cabinets. There is a panel inside the cabinet with screws.  The 12V and 120volt boxes are on the right side of the rear this cabinet is on the left looking at the back.

Sam Smith

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 01:12:42 AM »
Thank you David, Steve and Tom.  I did call Jeff Spears at Bend RV Repair and he gave to me a step by step procedure on getting to that camera.  He has done it before.  As stated, there is a panel next to the main 120/240 breaker panel that is there to feed the main line from the pig tail.  They then go into the distribution panel.  That panel is directly behind the camera.   I will need to remove the main feeds from the distribution panel and then take out the breaker panel screws then pull down that panel for access to the camera.  The wires have enough length to do this.   Jeff has been a great help for me since buying this motorhome.  He has sent me parts that I thought were long gone and has spent extra time giving me instructions on what to do.   I wanted to thank him.  I used a butter knife and removed the dash cover in front of the steering wheel.  Thanks.    By the way.  This motorhome is listed at 42 feet and with that I was very nervous.   The insurance company said that it is actually 43' 10".  I measured it and came up with 44' plus the tow bar.  Going to Lazy days for another driving course.   

Sam smith
2000 Marquis Amythest
C12
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett