Author Topic: Towing Honda Pilot  (Read 4014 times)

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Towing Honda Pilot
« on: April 09, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
I am posting this on behalf of Mike Rump who is a new BAC member, but  doesn't yet have access to post on the forum.  Mike is aware of the FMCA towing guide and a Roadmaster All Terrain bar is coming with his new coach.
 Mike,
Just discovered that my pilot maybe and probably is towable even though Honda won’t say that.  I am excited because I love this vehicle.
I have been working through the people who make the components for the roadster all terrain hitch  (REMCO).  They have brackets for the 2011 Pilot!
Problem is, I would like to verify with someone with real life experience and was wondering if you could check the Beaver Forum as I do not have access yet.
2011 Honda Pilot; is it towable four down like the CRV.  Has any Beaver owners noticed anyone pulling one four down
My understanding is you follow the same startup procedure as the folks towing the CRV.
Thank you once again.
Regards,
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Joel Weiss

Re: Towing Honda Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:35:47 PM »
The topic most likely is addressed in the vehicle's owners manual under the topic of Towing Behind a Motorhome.  If you don't have your manual, Honda has them all online.  I believe you are correct, however, and that the procedure is the same as with the CR-V.