Author Topic: No power to front and back ac and no power to awnings  (Read 11014 times)

Robert Wagner

No power to front and back ac and no power to awnings
« on: August 13, 2015, 03:55:16 AM »
its a hot day

Both ac were working fine.

I went to put out awning and air shut off and awning is a little out. We have tried resetting breakers. Do a 30 sec reset on entire coach.

Everything else is working. Need help

Edward Buker

Re: No power to front and back ac and no power to awnings
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 06:10:30 AM »
Robert,

Reset any breakers that are in the storage bay, usually a small grey box on the ceiling of the bay. The inverter may also have a push button breaker.

Later Ed

Robert Wagner

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:25:30 AM »
Ok didn't know there were breakers in the bay's. I did press the reset on the inverter to no avail. I will look tomorrow in the bay's. Which bay would those be in?  Thanks for you help. It's so hot out. Windows all open lights all off lol.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »
Robert
look in the last two bays ahead of the rear tire on the passanger side.  There may be two boxes about 6 x 10 inches on the ceiling.
I assume you are on shore power not gen set. 
Check the breaker on the stand box power supply.  If that is out everything else is on through the inverter but the awning wont work.
also reset any GFIC outlets in your basement.
If none of this works, try running the generator.  Does everything work now?

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Robert Wagner

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »
Ok will look for those boxes. Everything else works in the Rv. We already tried running gen and same problem. So it has to be a blown switch or maybe a junction box and who knows where that could be.

Thanks for the input going out to try that now.

Ok that did not work there are no small gray or any color boxes or switches in my compartments.

Anyone have any idea where the junction box for this would be.

We have power. Everything works except for two air conditioners and the power awning.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:47:25 PM by Robert Wagner »

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
                Robert, Does the 5 button thermostat indicate that the 2 zones are in the cool mode? or have you lost power to the thermostat? Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Robert Wagner

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »
No power can't even check that.

Robert Wagner

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
We have power every else. Just the two air conditioners and their thermostats and the power awnings have zero power.

Thank you for everyone's help. This is odd that's for sure.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
            Robert, is your awning switch near your battery disconnect switch at the entry area? Do you have 12volt lights working in the coach? The reason I asked is because the thermostat uses 12volt to be operational. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Robert Wagner

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
Awning switch is above the entry door. So not close to the battery cut off. What was your thought?

Robert Wagner

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »
All lights are working in the coach. Can't seem to find anything else not working.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
                 Robert, Give me a call at 520 309 1260 Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Edward Buker

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 04:23:18 PM »
Robert,

I apologize given I misread your first post, thought the air units were fine....my mistake, sorry I sent you looking for a small breaker box in the bay.

Fred asked the right question, there must be a 12V fuse or resettable breaker that feeds the thermostat circuit along with the awning. Maybe someone knows where that might be. I am puzzled about the awning given mine works on 120V but maybe yours is powered by 12V and has a common fuse. That would make sense given that the motor on the awning was being used, which would be a larger load then any thermostat, current wise. When the fuse blew it killed power to all three items being on a common circuit. So I would look behind the switch panel that runs the awning and in your manual to see if it mentions that fuse location. Maybe someone knows and can post that info or a call to Ken at Bend.

If you wanted to be sure about the air units getting 120V you could go to your main 120V breaker panel, pull the cover and measure the output side of the air conditioner breakers to ground and confirm 120V. There is no real need to do this given your failure mode, all other 120V circuits are working and the 120V for the airs come from separate 120V legs. The legs are fine given all other things are working and the chances of two 120V breakers failing together is zero.

If a plus 12V source is near your thermostat and a wire could be temporarily run, you could locate the 12V feed wire on the thermostat, remove it, and use a temporary 12v wire to power up your thermostat to get cooling until that fuse can be found.

Later Ed

Robert Wagner

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 04:38:27 PM »
Ok thank you to you all. Fred thank you so much. He narrowed it down very quickly to a 12 volt problem. Told us to look in the black box located in the bathroom in the monteray it's called the intellitec box and in there was one for thermostats!!!! 

So awnings and thermostats in the 2006 monteray are together in that box. We replaced the fuse and everything is perfect!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you.

One little fuse. One big head ache. Fred we don't know how to thank you.

Thank you everyone else for your input you have no idea how comforting it is to have help so available.

Again thank you to all!!!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »
                Robert,   Glad I could help, Absolutely no fun when the coach is 100 degrees inside. I have no idea why they would put the thermostats on the same circuit as the carefree awning, go figure.
               Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV